AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Antenna Kits  (Read 9133 times)

MCarter

Re: Antenna Kits
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »
Thanks. I had previously downloaded the windows 8 driver and I was able to install it a day ago. The program picks up the hardware as being installed so I assume that everything is OK on that end.

I will try to change the location search to Google earth and see if that works.

Just an added suggestion, I noticed that there have been very few videos posted on the AirNav youtube challenge. It would be nice to have a video that shows the setup for the fully Radarbox unit and Antenna Kits. I know most advanced users would know how to get everything up and running, but I just thought it would be a good idea to see it done as a reference.

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 06:11:12 PM »
Regarding your location I meant go onto Goggle Earth and find your property.  Go toTools/Options on it and set Show Lat/Long to Decimal Degrees and then zoom into your location and you will see your lat/long bottom right of the window.  Insert that manually and then apply, remember the - before the numbers for the Longitude.

MCarter

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »
Ok, I was able to set the location manually, but the software startup is still a problem. I literally left it for about an hour and it did not start at all until I unplugged the Radarbox. The blue flashing (once per second) light is on when the program is on once I reconnect the radarbox.

Upon exiting the program, I tried your suggestion and the problem remains the same. It doesn't close off until I unplug the unit again.

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 07:43:04 AM »
These are new issues no one has reported in the last couple of years since the new versions came out

Did you install the update or full version?  In my opinion it is better to uninstall and delete all reference to the previous version including manually deleting any orphan files.  Thereafter installing the full version to c:/Airnav and using the  Windows 8 drivers and following the advice in the sticky.  I also like to follow the usual advice not to connect the USB lead until the software is installed.

If that does not fix the issue I would suggest you drop a line to [email protected]

Alan
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:15:48 AM by Runway 31 »

MCarter

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 10:10:23 AM »
I installed the full version but before doing so, I uninstall the old and deleted all files pertaining to Radarbox. I installed the drivers about two days ago following the instructions.

Runway 31

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »
Sorry I have no idea why it should be doing that as no one else has reported that issue, maybe support can assist.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 11:02:39 AM »
Try installing the software again and see if that sorts it out just in case something went astray the first time.

Alan

MCarter

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »

Full version 580Mb http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50072Setup.exe  I would suggest that you delete all traces of the original and then install to c:/Airnav no the program files location,  Its a big download and may take you some time.

Alternatively there is the upgrade from the original, just install over the original.http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRBUpgradeto50072.exe

Alan

The full download exe shows as 399MB not 580MB, is this the correct file? I will do some more testing today.

MCarter

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 12:41:56 PM »
Well I finally figured it out. I had to run the AirNav Software using the "Run as Administrator" option. After doing this I had no issues with loading and closing the software with the receiver plugged in.

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
Well done that man, glad you got it going.  As for the file, I was going by memory so looks like its not so hot, I knew it was big anyway but sorry about the duff info.

Alan

MCarter

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »
Bad news, it seems like my "solution" was hit or miss. What seems to work is not having the radarbox connected when starting the program and disconnecting it to close off the program.

Runway 31

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
I would suggest that you install again and reload the drivers.  Don't have the USB cable connected until after every thing is ri installed including the drivers.

Alan

MCarter

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried this and the results are the same.