anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Over night lockup :(  (Read 5488 times)

Rockeyes

Over night lockup :(
« on: April 25, 2008, 06:38:43 AM »
Unfortunately leaving the Airnav Radarbox system on over night to monitor causes the program to crash. The computer it’s self does not appear to be affected as I was still able to run other programs although Airnav would not respond.
I had read about this problem when I was looking into purchasing a virtual radar system but thought it was fixed. Any advice or updates on this?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Over night lockup :(
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »
Are you using Version 1.5? and were you recording?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Rockeyes

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:45:54 AM »
Firmware version 1.01.2
Software ANRB15

No recording.

Thanks

CanadaKen

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »
By any chance do you have a utility like Diskkeepr, Norton AV, Spyware Doctor, etc that do a scheduled scan/defrag late at night or early in the morning?

CK
Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:10:17 AM »
I have some scheduled anti-virus software that runs daily on my Vista PC and I have not had that upset RB as yet. The only way I know that it has run in the background with RB still performing normally, is the alert message saying the scan was successful.

Mike

Rockeyes

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:29:28 AM »
No anti virus scans running. I have loaded the RB on to a laptop with a fresh installation of windows and no other programs other than Norton.
Had one crash on that yesterday when I was using the program. Later on I decided to close the machine down and got a ‘Report this problem to Microsoft message' I tried to copy and paste the report to post here but was unable.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 04:41:28 PM »
Must admit that Norton has caused me loads of problems in the past and is why I do not currently have it installed. I get the feeling sometimes that Norton has to react to every program you load just to justify its existance :-( :-(

Rockeyes

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
I know where you coming from but I personally have always used Norton and have never had a single problem. Always ensured that I subscribed to the updates and never ran any other anti-virus programs on the same machine.

Shame there is no obvious way of recording any problems like this with some snap shot feature.
I notice this glitch has been reported before and is now being used to promote the SB stuff. P12 of the Radio-user magazine and I quote from it ‘100% compatible with AVG, Norton etc and will not be asked to disable your antivirus software another line states ‘………leave it running collecting data 24/7 with ZERO crashes. Which I personally think is a bit naughty.

The airband column ‘SBS files’ in the same mag is also possibly a little misleading and unfair on the RB.

Going back to the original problem. I have noticed that I had had some power saving features switch on, namely the option to put the hard drive and monitor into sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »
"The airband column ‘SBS files’ in the same mag is also possibly a little misleading and unfair on the RB."

Can you urgently let us the contents of that column?

We know that magazine has closed connections to ML&S and taking in account all the efforts that SBS-1 distributor has been making since we left them to damage AirNav RadarBox image...by coincidence our sales rose by 4x times on the number of units sold per month since we joined Waters & Stanton and that says it all about the veracity of what that company says about our product.

If you could let us know the contents of that article it would be great.

Rockeyes

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 08:20:50 PM »
I’m sure both products have their merits and I have to tread carefully on this subject.

I will leave this subject now by saying, I researched for sometime on the pro’s and con’s on both products and after doing so felt that the RB system to be an all-round high quality product and above all supported by high calibre professional company.

With the open mindedness shown to its customers and the support from the guys on this forum. I’m more than happy with my choice of product. Thank you.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »
That's good to hear Rockeyes.

Back to the issue if it locks up again, find your elf file in your RadarBox 2008 folder and send it to us. This is much more helpfully than the error dialog windows pop ups.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]