AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 8.1, 64-bit Drivers  (Read 6256 times)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Windows 8.1, 64-bit Drivers
« on: May 17, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
Hi all,
I’m sorry that I’ve not been contributing to the network for several weeks (usually picking A/C upto 320 nm west of The Lizard, UK) but I made the mistake of buying and installing Windows 8.1, and since then have been unable to get the RB working, and therefore obviously not had network access.

The installation of Windows 8.1 was done to a completely re-formatted hard drive, so I know I started off with a clean install.    The RB program installs fine, and when I start it opens as it always has – checking for RB1 – found, RB2 – not found etc..

Then I get the world map displayed, opening up “My Flights” there’s a red box and “Hardware: Not Connected” - ”Process hardware flights box” is ticked, but despite the fact the RB is connected with steady green power light and flashing blue light – nothing at all on the white LED.   Of course, on the Network page, with “Get Flights From RadarBox Network”, the red box “Hardware: Not Connected” is lit.

I’ve deleted all AN/ANRB references and files, and reinstalled V5.00.072 complete install several times.   I’ve download the Win 8.1 64 bit drivers saved them and followed the 64 bit driver instructions as per the Sticky at top of Discussion page (again several times), then on opening Device Manager, found the yellow ANRB USB item, which on opening, and trying to point the program using the “Update Drivers”, get the same message as ACARS 45.   To be honest, I’ve got so fed up and disheartened with it, I’ve not bothered even trying to do anything with it for several weeks – these are hours of my life that I’ll never get back!

I’ve even tried using the 2009 version off the CD (I’m more than a bit p’d off as I’ve bought a complete brand new ANRB at the much reduced clearance price – cheaper than buying into the Network delayed info!!), but my PC seems to like this even less (as it’s not 64 bit??) and get exactly the same results as above.    There obviously is something (probably very simple) that I’m not doing right, but I’m b***ered if I can find it.   I’d like to get back on and start contributing again, but have become rather disheartened and disillusioned with it all.

If anyone can help ACARS 45 and me to get the program working properly, I think we’d both be very grateful.    Are there any others out suffering the same in silence and relegating their U/S RBs to be used as doorstops?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:00:13 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

Re: Windows 8.1, 64-bit Drivers
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »
John,

Which drivers did you use, the 64bit or the Windows 8.1 ones.  Use the Windows 8.1 drivers http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip

Acars45 is up and running.

Alan
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:56:25 AM by Runway 31 »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »
Hi Alan,

Yes, it's the Win8Drivers - v2.08.30. zip file, I've been using.   I've bought a couple of brand new HQ USB - mini USB leads, and tried swapping them around.   What should I be using to "unzip" the file?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
Right click on your desktop and then New/Folder.  You will then have a folder on your desktop named New Folder

Download the drivers and open them up.  3rd line down you will see Extract all files.

Click on it and you will see Browse.  Click on Browse and you should see Desktop/New Folder

Click on New Folder and then OK and the drivers will extract into the new folder.

When you go through the procedure on the sticky direct it to the New Folder containing the extracted drivers when required

Alan

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:26:06 PM by Runway 31 »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »
Hi Alan,
I've tried following your instructions to the letter and still no joy.   When I point the Update Driver to the  file on Desktop I get the screen (that's hopefully attached).   If I open the driver file there's a list of 8 sub-files starting with amd64 and 7 other lines, 4 of which are something like ftidata.....   thanks for your patience and attempts to help.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 01:17:19 PM »
No, still the same result!   Giving up again for now, my better half wants to go out for the afternoon, before the rain sets in.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:19:31 PM by CoastGuardJon »

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 06:08:27 PM »
John,

Confirm you are following the instructions for Windows 8.1 in the sticky

If you are using Windows 8.1, do the following:

1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2. Click ‘Change PC Settings’.
3. Scroll down, and click ‘update and recovery’
4. Click ‘recovery’
5. Click under advanced start up and restart now
6. Click ‘Troubleshoot’
7. Click ‘Startup Settings’
8. Click Restart 
9. When Win8 restarts type the number next to \"Disable driver signature enforcement\"

For Windows 8 drivers please download:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip

Instructions:
1- Download the file above;
2- Unzip it to a folder on your computer;
3- Disconnect your RadarBox USB cable, wait a few seconds and connect it again;
4- When Windows prompts you to find the proper RadarBox driver browse the folder where you have extracted your drivers to;

If the above Windows prompt box does not appear:
1- Go to Windows Control Panel - Device Manager- USB Controllers - RadarBox - Driver -  Update Driver
2- Point at the relevant folder and install the drivers;

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »
Many thanks Alan, will try again tomorrow night when I get home from work, if I'm not too fed up with sitting in front of a PC all day!

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
Hi Alan and all,

I didn't have the patience or inclination last night, but today I did as I'd had some time out of the office and now I'm up and running - many thanks for your help and patience.

May I suggest that the Win 8.1 instructions be slightly amended :-

No. 6 Click "Troubleshoot" = choice of 3 options 1. Refresh Your PC; 2. Reset Your PC; 3. Advanced Options;

No. 7 Select option 3 - "Advanced Options" (as in the Win 8 instructions);

No. 8 Select option 5 "Startup Settings";

No. 9 Click "Restart";

No. 10 Type in "7" (Disable Driver Signature);

No. 11 Restart PC;

No. 12 Start RadarBox program;

Once running with world map on screen, follow the Instructions opening Device Manager and pointing Update Driver to the relevant folder (I'd saved mine to Desktop, so I could find it easily).

I realise the differences are minimal, but I kept missing stage 7 (yes, I know I'm a wally and technophobe, needing everything spelt out step by step!).

Hopefully, this post might help someone else!

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »
Will advise support of your comment Jon but glad you got there in the end.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 09:25:52 PM »
So's my better half, she was getting fed up with me suffering withdrawal symptoms!

darkskies74

• AOR 8000. Station EXTSHA196235
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »
Hi all,

Been a long time since I was on here.
Tried all the above, but had probs.
With a bit of trial an error, I finally got somewhere.
Installed ANRB 5.00.72 into 'Program files x86)
Did all the above steps, no luck, so in the end I manually removed the old driver files from 'program files x86' and replaced with the win 8.1 drivers.
Then I searched for drivers IN the file I had put them in (as above) and not anywhere else. As reboots etc didn't work.
Hey presto, after much frustration, I now have it working on my new PC.
Apologies if this seems basic to the non technophobes, just hope it helps someone else like me!

Thanks to all who have posted here on this subject.

Cheers,

Phil
Was 32 NM SSW of YPPH.......where the sun shines.
Previously 31NM NNW of EGCC....where it didn't shine!
Now back near EGCC, Oh, how I miss the sun!!!

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 02:10:53 PM »
Phil,

Installing in program files will not have helped you in the process but glad you got there in the end.

Alan