anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updates  (Read 5358 times)

ab1451

Updates
« on: May 09, 2015, 02:12:57 PM »
Good afternoon. I am in the process of re-setting up my box, which has been stored for a few years. Would some be kind enough in letting me know if there has been any updates to either the box or the DB, and point me in the right direction for them plus how to install, as I have forgot ton how it's done.

Greatly appreciate any help.

Regards
External antenna with mast head per-amp running on 20 meters low loss cable. Current coverage about 170 miles.

Runway 31

Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 02:23:23 PM »
Hi there,

The latest software can be found here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50072Setup.exe.

Its a big 500Mb download so will take a while depending on your speed.  If you have a previous version installed, uninstall it and manually delete any left overs.  Install V5 to c:\Airnav or the like.  What Windows version do you have as you may need additional drivers?

The database is updated via the software, when you are up and running give a shout out and I will tell you how its done.

Alan

ab1451

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 04:25:06 PM »
Thank you Alan, I am on windows 7 64 bit. Are you saying completely uninstall whole programe (rb software)?

Regards

Alan
External antenna with mast head per-amp running on 20 meters low loss cable. Current coverage about 170 miles.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »
Yes, just makes things easier where the updates are concerned, saves any possibility of the update going to the wrong version.

As you have W7 64bit you will need the 64bit drivers.  They are in a zipped package so download and extract to somewhere you know the location and when asked for direct the installer to that location.http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip

Download and install V5.  Go to Start/Devices and Printers and you will see your box under unspecified.  Click on the box and when it opens up click on Hardware/Properties/Change Settings/Driver/Update Driver/Browse my computer/then browse to the location you unzipped the drivers too and then press OK and the drivers will install.  Start the box software and all should be OK.

Any queries just ask.

Alan

ab1451

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 06:44:13 PM »
Thank you Alan. Currently downloading software which as you say is a large download so a tad slow. Thanks for the info which I will do later,

Kind regards

Alan

ab1451

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 11:47:17 PM »
Hi Alan, just to let you know, download and install went well, and drivers installed ok, downloaded DB files from server, all seems to be working fine.  Thank you so much for your guidance which was very much appreciated.

kind regards

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 08:32:08 AM »
Glad it went OK.  For your info a new Navdata update is available each day

Alan

ab1451

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »
Alan thank you once again, I shall keep checking for updates. Has there been any firmware updates in the last two years?

Regards

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »
No you have everything with V5

Alan

ab1451

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »
Alan thank you, and thank you for all your help in getting me back up and running.

Kind regards

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
No worries, cheers

Alan