AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange software behaviour  (Read 1596 times)

airdata

• Airdata
Strange software behaviour
« on: April 29, 2015, 08:01:16 AM »
I installed a new PC recently with Windows 7 and successfully loaded the latest AirNav software.  The PC was connected via HMDI 1.4 cable to a monitor.  Alerts were setup with the message and emails.  The PC is on 24hours per day and so the screen is turned off if I'm out.  At that point the alerts cease.  They are added to the alerts log but no messages and no emails.  When I turn the screen back on, everything runs fine.

I emailed AirNav support and they had never heard of this either. 

I then tried connecting the monitor using the DisplayPort cable and a separate audio cable to connect to the monitor speaker and the problem goes away and everything works as it should.

I thought to share this with you in case someone else is encountering this problem.  I suspect that this may have something to do with the audio-return-channel that the HDMI cable has and DisplayPort does not and it would appear to be a software bug.

Cheers
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

neroon79

Re: Strange software behaviour
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
Thanks for this one.

This one is worth to be tested to figure out if it is a general reproduce-able problem.. I'll do it as soon as my work-life gives me the time.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3