AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photo problems again?  (Read 11921 times)

Runway 31

Re: Photo problems again?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 01:36:31 PM »
I suggest that you contact support and ask them how to get your own photos to show.

Alan

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »
Thanks Alan.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Northern Watch

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »
Hi Alan

I see from this tread that a few people have had a problem with photos and recently I seem to be experiencing similar events.  The photo folder has become increasing large which is slowing my computer down.  I regularly get "Photo not available" when I click an aircraft in "My Flights" but when I go to "Mylog", a picture appears ie EI-DCP.  In some cases, 2 pictures appear in "Mylog" and often the same picture as with N3110J, even though I do not have 2 pictures download selected from the server.  It looks as if there are details in PT/LK and PT2/LK2 then no picture appear in "My Flights" but if there are details in CH/PTTN/PTTN2, then it will.  I see from above that you were going to delete the contents of your Photo file, did this resolve the issue.

Your advice would be much appreciated

Regards

Keith

Runway 31

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
Keith,

There would appear to be an issue on the server, Airnav have been advised yesterday

Alan

Northern Watch

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2015, 11:55:06 AM »
Hi Alan

Thank you for the quick response.  I must admit the problem did seem to be worse over the last day or so but I still think I will have to delete the contents of the photo file as it is getting quiet large for my little netbook to handle or is their a quick way to determine which photo is the latest without having to go through the database?

Regards

keith

Runway 31

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »
Keith,

You may have more than two of particular aircraft as you may have a couple from an older format and a couple from a newer format.  I deleted the contents of my folder when we went onto the newer software versions and started compiling my photo folder again and I have over 600Mb in my folder.  The older style photos don't show and sit there taking up space..  These older original photos come with the software when you download and install it and are ignored by the software and the advice at the time V5 came along was to delete the photo folder contents and start again, your folder builds up quite fast anyway.  It hasn't just happened over the last two or three days, its only over this time that some aircraft are not downloading their photos.

This is why you may have four photos for particular aircraft and you may have 2 original and 2 new ones from picking up the aircraft since you installed the software.  The older ones are the registration and serial and end in .jpg i.e. G-OEUG.jpg  whereas the new ones are the registration plus a file number and end in .jpg.

Alan

Northern Watch

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2015, 03:20:20 PM »
Hi Alan

I was sure I had deleted the contents from my photo file about the time the new version came out but I have just checked and it still contains some of the old format photos.  I think it is about time I did a clean up and start afresh.  Thanks for the valuable advice.

Regards

Keith

Runway 31

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »
I forgot to post yesterday, the issue with the photos should now be rectified.

Alan

Bob SEN

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »
Cheers Alan

Bob
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/