AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

auto populate?

(1/3) > >>

marcdeklerk:
hi there, could somebody please explain to me how the pupulate feature work?

1. Where does the updated information come from?
2. does it update the database or the mylog or both?
3 does the new information get saved?

thanks Marc

steveb25:
Marc

1. The update info comes from the Airnav server, which uses the GAS (Gatwick Aviation Societys) server to check if there is no info on the airnav server.

2. It updates the nav database firstly. As the mylog has already been written when it looks for the unknown aircraft it is not updated until next time you see that aircraft. It then sees the info and updates the mylog database.

3. Yes, to both databases eventually

Thats how i think it works, but there are far more knowlegable people on this forum who will correct me if i'm wrong ;-)

marcdeklerk:
If I manually edit aircraft information in the database.. will the auto populate override my info? with info from the airnav server?

steveb25:
Marc

I think the conclusion that the forum came to was that it will not overwrite the data.
But there has been instances in past posts that the database can end up with two entries for the same aircraft. This is down to inadvertently adding characters (spaces etc) that don't match the format in the databases. There has been previous posts on this so it may be worth going back a few weeks to see what you can find.

marcdeklerk:
thanks I will go have a look a few weeks ago!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version