anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone else getting images like these?  (Read 3682 times)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Anyone else getting images like these?
« on: January 12, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »
I seem to be getting some strange screen shots lately - anyone else having the same problem - only seems to have been happening since the new server changeover.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

Re: Anyone else getting images like these?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:42:56 AM »
Nothing unusual there John and nothing to do with the server.  The high altitude readouts on the ground have been a problem since radarbox was born and are something we still await a fix for.  Some do it some don't.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »
Hi Alan, whilst I would never usually argue or contradict you, I have to on this point - I've never had these "sticky" lines before the change over, the screen shot is a very short time selection.   You say "Some do it some don't.", mine never has before the server change, so this doesn't really ring true in my case.   I'm strongly thinking of going back to the 2009 CD version or try one of the older but later set up programs.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 12:36:01 PM »
I only have a screen shot to go on Jon and your comment along with the shot didn't go into any detail only you were getting some strange screen shots so I had to interpret what I was seeing

I dont know what you mean by sticky lines.  Do you mean the lines between org/dest. or the lines in front of the aircraft showing its heading?  The some do it some don't refers to the altitudes shown on the ground.

If you mean that the flight are staying for some time it will be because of a frozen flight issue due to a time out problem on the server which is waiting to be fixed.  As it is a network server issue it will affect any version which uses the network as it has nothing to do with the software on your computer but the software on the server.  Changing version wont do anything.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 07:17:45 PM »
Hi Alan, I've just turned on my RB and as soon as the screen display appeared I instantly took this screen shot, if that's any help to you

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 08:22:41 PM »
Hi Jon,

As I stated in the previous reply the lines are heading lines showing the heading of the aircraft and lines joining the org/dest.  The don't usually show like that but there is an issue with timeouts on the network and plots are taking longer than normal to time out.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:26:09 PM by Runway 31 »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »
Thanks Alan, I've got your point now! As you know I'm not the best on IT issues, but does that mean, that it is the change of server that is causing the issue? Thanks for your patience.

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 08:47:35 AM »
I suppose so Jon as there must be something wrong with the software coding which requires debugging to find where problem lays and then the incorrect part needs to be re-written.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
Thanks Alan, I'm not going demented yet, although I'm in my dotage according to my YL who thinks I've gone back to my childhood, buying model railway bits and pieces (lots of!).

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
Aye Jon, we all get that cheeck at a certain age.

Alan