AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB stopped receiving signals  (Read 4302 times)

Navman

RB stopped receiving signals
« on: April 21, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
My RB has stopped receiving signals, the blue USB LED is flashing but only an occasional flash from the white signal LED. It works ok on Network flights but when I turn off the network nothing.

I have had the unit since January 08 working well with the antenna in the attic no problems. Last Saturday I installed a new antenna on the chimney and it worked all over the weekend with excellent range using a Sandpiper antenna and Westflex cable with a short flexible cable connecting the Westflex to the RB SMA socket

Switched on today (Monday afternoon) no signals. Tried the antenna in the attic and the supplied mag mount antenna with no signals received.

Any suggestions please

Navman

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: RB stopped receiving signals
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »
Doesn't seem like a concidence that it occured after the antenna change. Could be some thunderstorms around.

Best way is to contact support and we can send you details on a RTB.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Airmad

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:48 AM »
My RB has stopped receiving signals, the blue USB LED is flashing but only an occasional flash from the white signal LED. It works ok on Network flights but when I turn off the network nothing.
Look at Silly Plug
I have had the unit since January 08 working well with the antenna in the attic no problems. Last Saturday I installed a new antenna on the chimney and it worked all over the weekend with excellent range using a Sandpiper antenna and Westflex cable with a short flexible cable connecting the Westflex to the RB SMA socket

Switched on today (Monday afternoon) no signals. Tried the antenna in the attic and the supplied mag mount antenna with no signals received.

Any suggestions please

Navman

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »
Airmad,

I see the quote, but no message from you :-)

Airmad

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:04:54 AM »
Airmad,

I see the quote, but no message from you :-)

look at centre pin on sma plug. mine sometimes pulls back. best thing to do push hard on lead the make pin move Forward. hope this helps
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:56:16 AM by Airmad »

wheeler

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:53:17 AM »
Hi
I had the same problem worked ok for 2 days then nothing was going to send it back but when i unpluged it RB from an extention USB lead it all junped into life again check your connections plus dont think they like extention leads this may help
Cheers wheeler