anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Software doing its own thing  (Read 3582 times)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Software doing its own thing
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »
It seems that since I downloaded and installed v5.00.071, that the software overrides any aircraft that I'm trying to follow - eg I can be following ALK 503 and the selected A/C will suddenly jump to another completely different aircraft in the list.   The map doesn't follow suit, that stays on the selected screen?

Anyone have any suggestions please?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:51:27 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Software doing its own thing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »
Hi Jon

One possibility is that by accident you clicked the Start Tour button. If, in the top left corner of the screen, you have a red Stop Tour button, click that, and the strange behaviour might stop.
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »
Another possibility is that you have accidentally clicked the heading at the top of one of the columns.  Are they all showing normally or is one Bold or in Bold Italics.  The should all be normal, to change click on the heading that is different until it goes the same as the others.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:27:52 PM »
Hi Alan,
Yes, I have got Flight No in Bold, otherwise I can't see the flight nos in alpha/numerical order, I've just noticed that there's a little grey slider box appearing by the cursor!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 08:24:44 AM »
Jon,

Try this-

Click on your aircraft. Click on Registration on the top line to make it bold and the aircraft should stop jumping around.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 03:09:01 PM »
I think I've sussed out what's happening - although I'm following one particular flight, if there's an even momentary loss of the ADSB signal, the software jumps to another completely different A/C anywhere in the list - a PITA but that's what seems to be happening.