anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 20-30 minute load times  (Read 2237 times)

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
20-30 minute load times
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:32:12 AM »
When I start ANRB it sometimes takes upwards of 20 minutes to load the application and display received aircraft. A minute or so after I click on the icon the small green box comes up and quickly displays the version, RB1 and RB2 status (I only have 1...) then goes into "Optimizing Data" for the next 15-20 minutes. Eventually it then goes into full operational mode.

If I stop the application and restart it after a minute or so it does the same but finishes the start-up process after 2 or 3 minutes.

The Application Version is 5.00.071. It is running on an HP 9180f, with Windows 7Pro 64bit SP1, 9GB RAM, and the processor is an i7 920, 2.67GHz. (4 cores I think...)

I currently have it plugged into a USB3.0 card in a PCI-x slot, but it does the same on a regular USB2 port.

AFAICT the computer itself is fairly high horsepower even though it is a couple years old. It came with Vista and I upgraded it to W7P-64 a few months after I bought it. ANRB4 didn't take quite as long to load.

I updated the database a few times, most recently a week or so ago.

Is this normal behavior ir is there a way to speed up the boot process?

Runway 31

Re: 20-30 minute load times
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
I don't know the answer to your query but I bet your Mylog is a massive size and may be part of the reason.  Using delete old data in the tools part of mylog may help.  Its a good idea to start from scratch occasionally especially if you are in a very active area for aircraft.

Also your anti-virus may play a part as well.

Alan
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:28:00 AM by Runway 31 »

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »
Well, that seems to help. I deleted the old data and it loads up quite quickly now.

Thanks!

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
No worries. Pleased it worked out.

Alan