AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logos not showing  (Read 4983 times)

johnboy

Logos not showing
« on: July 03, 2014, 04:46:53 PM »
Why does the aircraft logo not always show, although it's listed in my logo folder and i'm running the latest version, eg. Wizz Air and United Airlines?

John.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Logos not showing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
Hi John - I guess you know that the logo is linked to the flight id that is being picked up. Are you having problems even when the id starts with WZZ or UAL?

If the aircraft are using their registrations or other ids, then the logo won't show.
Rod

johnboy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:17:47 PM »
Hi Rod, everything is showing except the logo, but also there seems to be a lot this late afternoon not showing route details either.

John.

CYYZGUY

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »
Last night I had about 15 UAL flights on my screen.  No problems displaying the logo then.....
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »
Have you done a database update recently? if not, that might explain the misssing routes. Don't know about the missing logos, though...
Rod

johnboy

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 05:38:10 PM »
Data base up to date, that was the first thing i checked.  Not had problems in the past, just noticed it a few days ago with regards to Wizz. Just had one showing with flight ID plus reg. and type, but no logo.

John.

johnboy

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 05:48:28 PM »
United now showing, ID UAL1228   Reg. N39423   Type B737-9   Route KEWR-KLAX
only thing missing is the logo.

John.

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
Do you have the WZZ and UAL logos in your logo folder.  With regards to UAL routes, the flight ID's used used on domestic routes can be used on two or three different routes each week so I don't add them in.  Even some of the international routes can suffer the same problem.

WZZ seem to change a lot of their flight ID's on a monthly basis or even more frequently and it takes me a wee while to catch up

Very few of my flights (network and myflights) are not showing a route and all are showing logos.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:58:09 PM by Runway 31 »

johnboy

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
Yes the logos are in my folder, i haven't had problems before all been ok, it's just recently this has happened.

John.

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 08:25:04 PM »
I cant think why it would only occur with those 2 airlines and not others.

Alan

Tibbet 34

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »
I've had the same issue not displaying logos with codes from about UAL onwards. I resolved it by deleting out a lot of the Corporate/light aircraft reg. specific logos and the logos for UAL & WZZ appeared.

I had an issue with completely replacing the logos folder with that from Rod's site. It threw a wobbly part of the way through (ran out of memory or somesuch message). Managed to load all logos in the end but just didn't display those towards the end of the alphabet. Must be a finite number my creaking old laptop can read in a folder?

MBMOON

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 12:03:43 AM »
One of the limitations of the airnav software is that logos will not show without a flight id. If the software could be altered to attach logos to a hex code then this problem could be eliminated. This for me would be a great benefit, and I am sure would be appreciated by many others..