anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TF-BBH  (Read 4234 times)

Undertaker

TF-BBH
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:41:28 AM »
Noted on my box at 1035L B734 TF-BBH [BBD253] showing as Hex 4CC0DC FL80 however this appears in Togo when you zoom in anyone else got this in the UK ?

Tony

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: TF-BBH
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:47:15 AM »
Hello
We used to get this aircraft flying over us a long while ago and it was a daily flight between Keflavik and Cologne, Bonn so we knew it was over us.  It almost always showed on the box over France so the transponder must have been bad - and obviously still must be.

Andrew

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:14:04 AM »
This little fella's a crackerjack when plotting . For the past several years, it has displayed "TARDIS" characteristics when on my box.

I've really missed it over the past couple of years!!

Judwin45

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
Hi

TF-BBH is again showing over France (just east of La Rochelle) on route EBLG to EIDW.! I am picking it up at a range of 309miles

Regards
Keith
5 miles south of EGDY

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:18:12 AM »
I think we should remember that the position being given by this particular aircraft is unlikely to be its correct location due to the erroneous information coming from it.

Alan

Judwin45

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:33:02 PM »
Hi Alan

I take your point Alan, I guess I am just mystified how this aircraft can continue to give out a position which is presumably 100 of miles from its actual location.

Would it be showing on the French ATC radar or on ATC radar where it actually is?

Does 'for instance' Yeovilton radar see exactly the same returns from the local area as I do from my box?

I hope that is not a stupid question.

Regards

Keith
Keith
5 miles south of EGDY

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
Hi Keith,

Some types quite often show up on our screens north east of Nigeria when they are in fact over some other location on the planet.  ATP's were very bad for this.  We are only using one part of the information being given off by the aircrafts transponder to determine its location and show it on screen.

My knowledge of the technicalities of the subject is not good enough to offer an adequate explanation and I would not like to offer an answer which is technically wrong and confuse further.

I would however consider that the ground based radars have the true location of the aircraft on their screen otherwise they would not be able to operate safely and offer adequate separation from the conflicting traffic surrounding them en-route.

Maybe someone with suitable knowledge can explain.

Alan
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:49:53 PM by Runway 31 »