AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disappointed with RB  (Read 10258 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Disappointed with RB
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
Paul,

Something else you might want to try:

Enter the company flight ID into the RadarBox Fleet Watch in the SmartView tab. If you then select "Show only Fleet Watch Flights on Map" then you will only see aircraft belonging to that operator.

If the aircraft you are watching is not giving a flight ID, you can still get rid of the "clutter" by using the Advanced Filters to either height filter or aircraft type filter to make your aircraft easier to follow.

The Quick List is another function to experiment with.

This is what controllers will do to get rid of traffic from their displays that do not affect them.  You have to accept that even in the real world, it's not possible to see all the labels all the time in a busy environment.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »
Paul,

Something else you might want to try:

Enter the company flight ID into the RadarBox Fleet Watch in the SmartView tab. If you then select "Show only Fleet Watch Flights on Map" then you will only see aircraft belonging to that operator.

If the aircraft you are watching is not giving a flight ID, you can still get rid of the "clutter" by using the Advanced Filters to either height filter or aircraft type filter to make your aircraft easier to follow.

The Quick List is another function to experiment with.

This is what controllers will do to get rid of traffic from their displays that do not affect them.  You have to accept that even in the real world, it's not possible to see all the labels all the time in a busy environment.

I live in Stevenage - a very busy area and get labels overlapping still even though they try and stay separate.

Mike

Brisbane

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 10:00:42 PM »
I have had version 1.5 installed for 2 weeks now without probs, now it has taken to freezing up after a couple of hours. I'm running XP. Thinking of going back to 1.3 as this ran with no trouble at all. The only reason I upgraded was because my database was hopelessly out of date and could'nt upgrade it from GAS.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 08:25:15 AM »
Brisbane,

There must be something else going on here, as V1.5 is much less processor intensive and much more stable that V1.3.

By the way, unless you uninstalled V1.3, it will still be there on your HD as V.15 installs into a completely separate directory.  I just make up a new shortcut to the old directory so that I've got access to different versions.  You can run whichever one you like then :-)