anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disappointed with RB  (Read 10259 times)

mt007

• Super Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
Disappointed with RB
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »
Guys,
sorry but i am very disappointe dwith RB.
I liked, but is very bad.

- I try change maps, he freeze;
- I try updated my database, and freeze again and i lost all the last updated;
- Is a very heavy program;
In all this cases with no connection  to network, only with my flights and with share data.
Is very beautifull with layout but in Operational is very bad.

This happen to my, so i imagine with guys have a week computer.
Im sad with this all situation.

In this moment i have change map in my RB and have pass 20 min and nothing.
RB is freeze, so more again Ctrl+Alt+Del.
Sorry my words but i think Airnav most do something about this.
We have pay and this not work well, only if i dont do anything, dont see network, maps, database, etc.
Regards.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Disappointed with RB
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:13:35 PM »
So that is clearly a program of your computer and not of RadarBox.

Please tell us in detail what is your computer system, RAM, CPU, hard disk, Windows Version, video card memory.

mt007

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
Hi development,
my computer is:
Pentium 4, 2.53 Ghz
1,00 GB RAM
Windows XP
Service Pack 2
Disk: 80 gb, 10 gb free

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce FX 5600XT

You must do a light program not heavy.
Regards.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 07:56:30 AM »
Miguel,

I really don't think that you can blame RadarBox for all the problems you are having.  If this was the case, then everybody would be having exactly the same problems as you.  Maybe others can help if you say how these problems are occurring?

- Changing the map - how are you changing the map to make the program freeze?

- How are you updating the database, are you using Database Explorer, MyLog, or an external program?

- When you look at the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) what is the loading of your PC and what other processes are running - maybe you could post some screenshots here?

- When you are running without the network (do you mean without the Internet?) do you have "Share Flight Data" slelected?

- Are you running RB V1.5 with the latest USB driver?

RadarBox is such an enjoyable program, we must help you to get you problems sorted so you can get it running properly.

This is my PC loading with 54 processing running including RadarBox, FireFox and the screen capture program.  No heavy loading here :-)

This is my PC spec:

Allocator
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:04:17 AM by Allocator »

Anemos

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
I run the RadarBox program on a virtual Vista machine set up on my macintosh iMac 20" without any problems.
The full load of the virtual machine is less than 23% on the iMac and the RB uses about 30% of the UC of the virtual machine.  I would say that this is rather "light".
I would tend to believe that the problems you have are not caused by RB but perhaps by other aspects of your machine. Have you checked to see if all your drivers and other software are properly updated ?
I hope you can fix the problems soon, RB is really a lot of fun !
Regards

P.S.
Oeiras is a nice place to be :-)

mt007

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
Hi,
Respond to Allocator questions:

- Changing the map - how are you changing the map to make the program freeze?
R:Open/save map, then open, an i choose my map, and then RB sotp working.

- How are you updating the database, are you using Database Explorer, MyLog, or an external program?
R: Yes i use Database Explorer

- When you look at the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) what is the loading of your PC and what other processes are running - maybe you could post some screenshots here?
R: I running Mozilla, RB. Loading PC is between 32% and sometimes 100%

- When you are running without the network (do you mean without the Internet?) do you have "Share Flight Data" slelected?
R: RB Network, and i have share flight data selected

- Are you running RB V1.5 with the latest USB driver?
R: Yes V1.5 yes, USB drivers if they in the same package of 1.5 version yes i have.

So, the database explorer to me is the most important, because i make changes, updateds and then sometimes RB freeze and i have to shut down and lost all tha information, is bad to me.
Sorry, guys.
I hope someone can help.
Regards.

PS Oeiras always!! :)

CZUL

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 12:25:11 AM »
Initially I was running RB 1.5 on a Dell P4 3.0 GHZ system with 2GB of RAM and a decent video card., XP SP2 The application misbehaved constantly - slow screen response, freezes etc...Since then I have upgraded to a Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM and a good video card, Vista Ultimate SP1. The application runs much better but still does funny things once and a while. Compared to SBS Base station this app is slower in certain ways but I still like it alot.

CZUL

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
"Compared to SBS Base station this app is slower in certain ways but I still like it alot."

Yes but RadarBox 2008 does a million things more than Basestation so you cannot compare it like that :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Protzenalp

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
RB has come a long way since it was released and is being constantly updated and that is good. There are still aspects of the SBS-1 that I prefer though and the database is one of them along with the session system which is easy to handle. The size of the RB makes it easy to pack up and take on trips though...so they both have their uses.

FFM

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »
The app performance needs definitelly improvement!!!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »
Hi FFM

Can you tell us which improvements you would like to be developed? Please send us a detailed list of features you would like to be added to the software and we will be happy to add them.

Unlike other companies that promise features that can't be technically developed we are one of the world leaders in flight tracking software and we are here to keep our customers happy.

So we are waiting for your suggestions.

paul5m

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 09:43:43 AM »
I also find changing the map can be difficult at times

I would like the option to be able to switch off the automatic label repositioning - on some screen sizes it can get difficult to follow the aircraft when using the network.

After adjusting the label manually the automatic system then moves the label or even removes the label this is very frustrating.

Could the amount of information in the aircraft label be made customisable, so has to reduce the size of labels. The label appears to be contained in an invisable box, reducing the font size doesnt appear to reduce the size of this box.

Thanks
Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
"After adjusting the label manually the automatic system then moves the label or even removes the label this is very frustrating. "

A bit of weird request, so you want the labels to overlap instead when they are all shown, that would make it even harder to see?
[email protected]

paul5m

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 12:39:37 PM »
If I am trying to follow a particular aircraft it becomes very difficult when the label keeps jumping about and indeed disappearing in a crowded area.

Would it be possible to give an highlighted aircraft priority so the label wouldnt jump about or indeed disappear.

It does seem a bit of a waste to have manual label repositioning when immediately you move a label the automatic system moves it again.

I appreciate the moving label is a special radar box feature but I would like to be able to try turning it off.

Thanks for listening
Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 01:13:16 PM »
Paul,

Just a way round this if you are using 1.5 you can select to follow an aircraft. This will keep the colour of the aircraft different and it will be selected in the MyTraffic list.

Also ifs its moving around that much you are probally viewing a area with low zoom. Try increasing the zoom untill they have space.
[email protected]