anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Decoding Error?  (Read 2052 times)

ashton152001

Decoding Error?
« on: March 25, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »
Hi

I've recently updated to version 5 and  all is going well, however, i still have the same issue with the some of the messages received not being decoded correctly.

For example at Amsterdam, from time to time  a KLM  E190 would be decoded as up to four different aircraft, all would show in the aircraft list about 25 foot apart, these don't plot on the radar screen, but only one of them would be right.

The same happened with aircraft that did plot, so you would  have the actual aircraft plotting on the radar screen, but, two or three aircraft in the aircraft list.

Any ideas? As i have always had this problem with Radarbox, but, never experienced on my SBS box.

Thanks

Ian

Runway 31

Re: Decoding Error?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
Ian,

This is the first we have heard of this in version 5.  We now use error checking on ADSB equipped aircraft which should ensure they are all displayed correctly.  Non ADSB cannot be error checked but we require two consecutive messages associated with the hex code before accepting, same as SBS boxes.

For the non-plotters do you have Filter Garbled Flight ID's and Squawks ticked in preferences.
When you state they are decoded as 4 different aircraft, what registrations/flight ID's etc are these 4 aircraft showing, are they the same only displayed 4 times?

Regarding the plotting aircraft same question and can you provide a screenshot please.

Alan
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:36:37 PM by Runway 31 »

ashton152001

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
Alan

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't have that option checked, so I have checked that now.

The message was being decoded to three / four different aircraft, all with a hex code one digit different, I don't recall if there was a flight id or not I'm afraid.

Thanks

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:50:50 PM »
Ian,

Was the registration the same with the different hex codes or different registrations and was this the same no matter whether they were ADSB or not?

Let me know how you get on with that preference ticked/

Alan
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:52:35 PM by Runway 31 »