AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ACARS  (Read 4804 times)

Levery

ACARS
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
Hi all,

For those of us still using ACARS, I have noticed the ACARS tab does not register none of its info after it's linked. ACARS software is running fine but no info is coming back to RB Software since I've updated to the latest version.

Regards,

LE
Located 10 km SE Hato Airport (TNCC)

Runway 31

Re: ACARS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:48:12 PM »
I will advise Airnav Levery

Alan

Levery

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
Hi Alan,

I also get this error when selecting the tabs.

I will put back my old exe because this one is also overwriting years of custom work. I'll check back when its resolved.

Regards,

LE

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »
Levery by selecting tabs what do you mean?

Alan

Levery

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »
On the ACARS page, Live ACARS grid, flight list etc. when I go from one to next I get that error.
Only in the msg window can I see the info coming from my ACARS program, I can scroll but that's it.

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
Levery,

Just tried it on mine with no problems going between the tabs, can you advise if it only does this with the Connect to ACARS Decoders box ticked.

Also you can stop User updated information being over written by unticking Auto-Update manually changed records in Preferences/Radarbox and if you are updating the whole databse through Databse Explorer you can select which tables to sync with the databse etc.  Yoy would also require to update the individual records to N air Autoupdate

Alan

Levery

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
It only happens when connected to ACARS.

I have auto update turned off, I have aicraft that have pictures and info filled in and still not listed in my flights.
see attached picture. All the blanks are aircraft with previous information are now blank, if I fill in everything and deselect/select  PROCESS HARDWARE FLIGHTS, nothing shows up. see attached picture. So now I have to shut down the software and restart to get everything bank.

Levery

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 10:14:42 PM »
this is image 2

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »
Levery,

Regarding the ACARS issue I suspect that this is because ACARS is not yet integrated into the current beta version and will be included within a future version.  I have asked the developer for confirmation.

Regarding your manually populated records being over written by the blank server records, to stop your Navdata syncing with the server when you pick up an aircraft in myflight in addition to unticking Autoupdate Manually Changed Records in Preferences/Radarbox/Photo and Aircraft Auto-Populate. you require to change Autopopulate Y to N in Database Explorer for each record to tell the software which records have been manually changed, see attached shot.

I have been able to use the majority of the miscoded hex codes in your shot to add the missing aircraft details to the database.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »
Confirmation received that error due to no ACARS integration in the current beta

Alan

CYYZGUY

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »
Hi guys, question about the ACARS software.  As I understand, it does not work with the new version of the Airnav software...I also understand you can run it stand alone.  I realize you have to buy the software, but I read about a 6 month subscription fee?  Once you own the software, cant you just attach your scanner with audio cable and start decoding the messages?  I may be interested in purchasing it, but do not understand the 6 month fee.  ACARSD has no such fee?

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver