anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 5.00.71 - Download Available  (Read 30766 times)

Runway 31

Re: AirNav RadarBox 5.00.71 - Download Available
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
I am not aware that we did anything in particular to resolve that issue Ingo, but glad its OK for you now.  Thanks for the confirmation regarding the populate function.

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 04:07:43 AM »
Seems that I was to early with my statement on the populate function.

Tried it again late yesterday evening. This time it didn't work. It seems, that once all unknown hex numbers were run through the populate cycle they won't be used again. Today worning, it came worse: after clicking populate in MyLog there wasn't a reaction at all. Means: Populate function is totally dead after 3popualte cycle and 36 hours of non-stop rununing software. That's really frustating.

Maybe developement should use a grown MyLog for testing. If wanted they can get mine.

I'll be able to give you info about the alert problem sunday morning.

Anyway, best regards Ingo

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:09:21 AM by neroon79 »
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

neroon79

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 04:54:22 AM »
New Alert functionality:

Alert set for D-ABY*, genrates alert for DLH B748's. Alerts for flight id's is on, but no fllight id's are entered.

This is what happens now:

Alert is sent as soon as airframe is received, usually without flight id. As soon as the flight id of the alredy alerted airframe is received a second alert is generated. This time with flight id.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

neroon79

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 05:52:11 AM »
Still there: The problem with freezed airframes (standing there for hours) in the grid. Disable enable process hardware flights removes them. Does not occur often but sometimes.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 07:59:56 AM »
Ingo,

Regarding the populate function, are the ones you are trying to populate in the server database? 

Can you advise which hex codes you are trying to populate and the approximate time you tried the it and I will advise if they were in the database at the time.

The alerts have been set up that way to show where the flight ID has changed.  Previously the alert only showed once.

Alan
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:39:35 AM by Runway 31 »

neroon79

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »
First: The other alert problem is definitely fixed. The double alert is appreciated, because now I don't need to look in the log to figure pout which flight was performed by the alerted airframe. :-)

About the popualte function:

1. After SW was running for one and a half day there is no reaction if you click on populate button in mylog at all. This is can't be a correct behaviour. Tried it again and now reaction is back, but still the behaviour as stated in point 2.

2. I haven't flushed  my MyLog.db since about one and a half year, so there are many of light airframes without details in it. Until V5 they were populated as soon as you have entered the details to server db, regradles how long sw was actibve and how often populate function of my log was used. Now in V5 after each sw start these unknowns were only run one time against server db to look if details are there now or not. After this first run of mylog populate they aren't checked again.  How do I determined this behaviour: no increase of web traffic, no "processing ???? photo/info requests" shown  in right bottom corner.

What ever was done with populate function in V5 it has gone terribly wrong. Maybe they should stopp trying to fix it and start from the beginning.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »
Ingo,

As per your reply from yesterday, did you set valid period from and to values.  I am trying to get as much information as possible to pass to the developer.  Please give me one or two unknowns that you are trying to populate to see if they are in the database, it may be that all the known ones are already populated.  Maybe I am picking you up wrong but if these unknowns have been in your mylog for one and a half years and Navdata updates dont fill them they cannot in the database so no amount of pressing populate will find them.

To test that it is working I just chose 2 flights at random from mylog for yesterday and deleted all the data apart from the hex.  I then went to my Navdata and deleted the records for the 2 aircraft.  The populate function then downloaded and installed the 2 aircraft into my Navdata and restored the info in mylog.  The populate function is not instant and can take a short time to process and download the information.  If there are no updates available nothing happens.

I would be happy to receive your mylog to allow for further checking and as it will be quite large have a google account to allow it to be added to the google drive which can handle large files.  Please contact me and I will send you my googlemail details

In the meantime I have advised the developer of your report

Alan
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:32:16 PM by Runway 31 »

neroon79

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
Have you added the unknowns that I posted in des db update request thread? If yes we could use this ones for testing.

All unknowns from past days that have added to the server db have been populated. Older unknowns of the past year have populated too, as far as they have been added to server db too. But this only happens on first populate run after sw start, after that it doens't. During the first run in right bottom corner the processing picture/info requests counted down from 5000 to 0 (all requests done). During run two nothing happened in this area. This is different to V4 in which the requests were counted down again. In V4 in during both runs there is an increase in www comunication. In V5 this only happens during the first run of populate.
Just remember although no new details are available to downloaded to local db a check between local db and server db will perform traffic as sw has to sent requests and the server has to generate answers.

like this (extremely simplified)

SW to server: do you have details on this hex?
Server to SW: no. or yes: this are the details.
SW to server: do you have details on this hex?
an so on.

In V5 during second, third and so on run there is no increase caused by this comunication detectable. That's why I'm thiking that there is no actual comunication. During first run there is this typical increase of com. In V4 it was on each run of populate functionality. In V5 it's like: I've checked this hex, there is no detail on server so I don't have to check this hex again, but this would be a very false conclusion which makes the populate functionality absolutely useless for users that are running their boxes 24-7.

Today morning the populate function was dead for a couple of hours. I clicked on populate in MyLog window but absolutely nothing happened. After few hours it were accessable again, but no increase in traffic.

In my opinion if you select "alltime" in the list options and you run the populate function again, the sw shall go thru all unknown hex and request them from server again. Why? Maybe the infos have been added in the meantime. How can you get details to unknown hex codes if the software refuses to go thru all unkonws again. Maybe it is working with new unknonws in the list, but what is with older unknonws were the details are added a couple of days or even month later.

With V4 I did my db requests that way:

1st run populate (If I do the unknowns of Tuesday on Wednesday evening)
2nd run populate again to be shure that MyLog was update
3rd create and send new report for the day (in this case Tuesday)
4th do the requests.

This way all already updated unknowns have been updated.

If I try to do the same procedure on thursday eveving to process the unknowns of  Wednesday, as in V5 populate does work as it should only one time after restart.

Hope that helps a bit.

Ingo

11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 02:15:31 PM »
Ingo,

Please forget about how it worked in V4

I can press populate as often as I like and it gives the same notification as the first pass even although everything is downloaded.  The function downloads the info first pass so there is no need to make a second, third , forth pass as all the downloadable info has been downloaded

However to see what you systen is doing are you familiar with the utlitity dbwin http://grantschenck.tripod.com/dbwinv2.htm utility

If you could run it and start RB and try the populate process a few times and save the log and forward it to me I can pass it to the developer to allow him to see what is happening.

In the meantime I will add it what I can from yesterdays log you posted and you can try populating it after I have advised

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »
Ingo,

I have processed your unknowns from Friday as per the post on that thread, please try to populate them.

I am now offline for 2 hours.

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
Proceeding with dbwinv. Run without restart: no succes with populating friday unknowns.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

neroon79

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 07:13:09 PM »
Run after re-start: unknowns populated.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »
Ingo,

Are still noting frozen flights in the grid?

Alan

Jonathan.G

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 09:18:04 PM »
I still have that "frozen flights" too, yes. :/

jacobite

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »
Hi Alan, I am currently running v4.03 of RadarBox, would you advise that I update to the current version? if so can I update whilst the programme is running or should I shut it down first?

Regards
Ian