AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Number of aircraft  (Read 13675 times)

bratters

Re: Number of aircraft
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 12:02:39 PM »
Pound to a penny - or dollar to a dime - it's that darned front end filter again.

It's always been the Achilles heel but as Jon says, once fixed it seems to last OK so well worthwhile getting it done IMO.

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
I believe if its an early box within certain serial numbers the repair is free for the saw filter

Alan

theastra

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »
Hi Alan,

I never received an auto ticket ID after sending my message. All I got was 'Your message has been sent, a ticked id email will be sent to your email address'.

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 02:09:45 PM »
The ticket ID is an automatic receipt of your email being received, if you havent received the ticket ID, it either hasnt been received or possibly if it has and it has been posted to you may have been caught in your spam filter. I have emailed them so hopefully they will get back to you by tomorrow.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »
Steven,

Airnav have not received an email from you.  I have asked them to contact you via the forum.

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »
theastra,

We have PMed you as well otherwise try and contact us again using the means in our signature.

Please provide details of the issue, many times some customers put very little in the email and its gets incorrectly identified as spam.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »
Can someone remind me what the symptoms are for this.  I used to get myflights 70-80 but these days it is normally around 30-40 at any one time.  Fairly old box looks to be serial 1237. tested with supplied aerial out the window and my externally roof mounted aerial.  results about the same which is actually disappointing after the expense putting the external aerial up.

Graham

Runway 31

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
Symptoms are quite simple Graham, not getting as many flights as previously getting.  However, is it the box, is it the antenna, is it the connections or is it even due to not as many aircraft about as when you remember the numbers the last time. When you tested it out the window, was it seeing the same coverage area as the external antenna as when comparing you must compare like for like.  As it was seeing the same numbers out the window, it may wll be that there is a problem with your external antenna or its cable and connections.

Alan

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 01:29:19 PM »
Thanks.  Possibly my external aerial setup then.  Not sure I'm going to be able to test it further.  Don't have a ladder tall enough to get to the aerial.  Connections look fine, using single thick low loss cable until close to arnb and then gone to rg58 cable.  will check the run of this to make sure nothing could be interfering with it. 

TBH still provides me with what I require.  Just a little disappointing performance isn't better.  But I'm really just interested in aircraft passing my zone.

Thanks

EK01

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 03:18:58 PM »
Graham,

Just a thought but could the change to the Winter schedules be making a difference that is less aircraft ?

Ian

CYYZGUY

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »
I had some water intrusion get in to one of my connections when I first put my antenna outside.  It made for very very poor reception and limited the number of aircraft.

Once I cleaned it out, waterproofed it, and wrapped it back up, I have not had a problem since.

I average 200 to 300 aircraft at any given time of the day..between mode-s and adsb.

regards,
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

theastra

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 01:46:37 AM »
Hi Alan and Airnav Support,

I have sent another (third) message to airnav support. It will be from [email protected].

Thanks,
Steven

oliver14

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 11:47:44 AM »
Just as a matter of interest, for what it's worth I have noticed quite a drop off in aircraft numbers, however I have had the saw filter renewed in the past, and I tried another manufacturers box and separate ariel, the results are identical, still a long range, but around a third less, as said earlier, in my case I think it's simply fewer aircraft about at this time of year.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:59:36 AM by oliver14 »

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »
thanks for all the replies.  Seems that it could be the winter schedules but had a look at my aerial thru my binoculars and the casing looks a little weather beaten so maybe I'll have to go up and check it out when I can get my hands on a long ladder.

Cheers

Graham

theastra

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 03:01:58 PM »
I did get a reply. It said  'Usually a hardware failure of the filter will blind the RadarBox and only aircraft within a few miles of the box will be shown, is that the case?'.

I replied, but will ask in the forum if it's something that can be repaired and how long will the repair last.

Thanks.