AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox not populating some aircraft  (Read 6831 times)

andyapples

RadarBox not populating some aircraft
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »
Afternoon all,

Having finally (I think) sorted out my lack of maps after upgrading to version 5.00.065, there are an awful lot of aircraft on my list that haven't populated on my list. I've updated my database and ticked the autopopulate box but there are aircraft not showing on my list even when there is a photo of the exact aircraft showing just below my grid. Just one question; will all aircraft in time autopopulate so that I have as full a list as possible?

Very sorry if this has been covered already and I'm appearing to be thick but can anybody put my mind at rest
or point me in the right direction as to me getting as full a report log as possible?

Many Thanks,

Andy

Runway 31

Re: RadarBox not populating some aircraft
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »
Andy,

How did you sort the map problem?

What is the spec of your computer?  For it to show the photo it is in your database so going by replies from  2 or 3 others who had the same problem it appears to be due to a lack of resources on the computer, hence my question.

You can check it is in the databse by looking up the hex in d/b explorer.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:49:45 PM by Runway 31 »

andyapples

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »
Alan,

My computer is a Toshiba L20 Ghost, 80 GB, Wifi with an Intel Celeron (R) processor; 1.40GHz 896 of RAM

I sorted out the map problem by reinstalling my original 2009 version of RB, then upgrading to version 5.00.065, then zooming in on the world map until finally getting my chosen location, then saving it.

I've checked my Database explorer which is showing 210,901 aircraft in the Database. ALL the photos are showing of the aircraft (even the tin!) but as an example I've picked up 1300+ aircraft since 1030 this morning
and about 500+ have not populated.

I'm at a loss at what to do next as I'm a complete duffer when it comes to laptops and trying to sort things out on my RadarBox!

Regards,

Andy

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:11:11 PM »
The only thing I can suggest is that your computer has not got much oomph and not a lot of memory.  However Bratter who had a similar problem with a low power computer stated that it got better over time, i.e. within a couple of days, see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7995.msg101152#msg101152

Could maybe try not showing photos to save resources to see if it help.

Give it a few days to settle down and see how it goes.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:24:06 PM by Runway 31 »

andyapples

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply Alan - sorry to have been a pain in the rear end! I remember reading on the forum that Bratters having the same sort of problem. I'll see how it goes over the next few days and might have a go at cleaning up my hard drive as well to see if that helps.

Thanks for you time and patience - I've exhausted myself let alone others such as yourself!

Kind Regards,

Andy

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »
No worries Andy, if I can help I will try as will others

Alan

bratters

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:01 PM »
I think a quick update is in order.

I finally decided to take the bull by the horns and cleared my PC of everything I could find connected with ANRB.

Then I downloaded and installed 3.1 complete and immediately afterwards downloaded and installed the 5.0 update.

Everything went like clockwork and the prog is running perfectly (FLW!!!)

My advice to Andy and anyone else experiencing glitches would be to clear the decks and start afresh.

Good luck Andy.

andyapples

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
Thanks for the replies Bratters and Alan.

I really appreciate ALL your efforts!

Kind Regards,

Andy

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 05:57:07 PM »
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem as I am - about 40% of A/C showing through the network system are not displaying any details at all, just the plane symbol?  The majority (60%ish) are displaying correctly. Not had this problem before.  PS This is weird, all planes now displaying all details - I've had the missing details problem for a couple of days.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:59:08 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »
Jon,

Would I be correct in stating your computer is an older one and a wee bit under powered or lacking in memory.  The reason I ask is that this appears to occur now and again with such computers as can be seen by the replies from Andy and Bratters above.  The advice from Bratters is worth following.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:05:37 PM by Runway 31 »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »
Hi Alan, many thanks for that, my lap-top with dual-core cpu and a lot of RAM has died (freezes up whilst trying to load up Windows and initialise) so I am using my wife's lap-top, which is older and lower performance, so would explain the problem.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!