AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP With New Laptop  (Read 2491 times)

jdsd

HELP With New Laptop
« on: November 23, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »
can someone please help, just purchased a new laptop (Windows 8) downloaded Airnav which shows at the top Airnav 2010-313, downloaded no problem but shows hardware not connected. any step by step HELP  would be appreciated.

regards Desperate.

Runway 31

Re: HELP With New Laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
Hi jdsd, have a look at your Control Panel, Device Manager and see if your ANRB is shown there with no error symbols.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

jdsd

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »
Thanks for the replies, but in device manager it shows AirNav box but looks like it has an error beside it, error message reads the drivers for this device are not installed code 28, have tried to update with no success. Any suggestions.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »
Was that with using the Windows 8 drivers, ensure you dont connect the USB cable till after you have loaded the drivers to allow them to finish the process after connecting.

Alan

jdsd

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 08:14:01 PM »
Sorry not very pc literate could you explain fully what I need to do. Do the drivers need to be installed before I attempt to download AirNav if so advise best way of doing this as basic as you can.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »
No you have Airnav installed, download the drivers from the link.  They are in a zipped file so unzip to a location you can find, I would suggest you make a folder on your desktop and name if 8 Drivers.

I dont have Windows 8 but here are the instructions for Windows 7.  Click on devices and printers and you should see your Radarbox on the bottom row.  Right click on it and click on Properties.  Click on the Hardware tab and then Properties then Change Settings, then Driver, then Update Driver, then Browse my computer for driver software then direct it to where you put the unzipped drivers and finally next and the drivers should be installed thereafter. 

Alan

jdsd

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 09:30:57 AM »
From now totally desperate.  Windows have now found windows for device but encountered an error whilst attemping to install, shows a picture of what looks like a USB cable then airnav radar box underneath that it says 3rd party INF does not contain digital system information. We have tried another USB cable but this has made no difference, can any one please tell us what we are doing wrong (in plain english)

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
jdsd,

I would suggest that you contact Airnav Support on [email protected] giving them full details of your problem.  They should contact you ithin 24hours of receipt of your email

Alan

jdsd

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 10:54:11 AM »
Thanks all

A broken man

jdsd

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 09:09:03 PM »
From not a broken man any more to a happy bunny
With the help of Airnav Support Google geek and our Prague help desk all
sorted it seems Windows 8 and the Driver's do not like each other