anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: beta software issue 53  (Read 6015 times)

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
beta software issue 53
« on: November 20, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
I have had to go back to the 403 version I found the all aircraft listed in network look okay but if I try to click on one it does nothing.

Because my laptop has a usb 3.0 rdx drive with baremetal recovery I can go backwards and forwards within 10-15 minutes.

I have spent sometime trying and retrying all I can say their may a bug in the beta software

Equipment Used

Dell L702x
Memory 16GB
Intel Core i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB
SSD Samsung PRO Series 250GB Hard drive SATA 3 Ultra slim 
17"Inch 3D None Gloss Display
TANDBERG RDX USB 3.0 500GB(useful for Testing)**
Windows 8.1 pro with wmc (none hacked)
2x USB 2.0
2x USB 3.0

**=Insurance for testing drives mean it take less than 10-15 minutes to Revert (baremetal recovery)

Only limit nearly 3 years old now
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:25:14 AM by puddy »
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

Runway 31

Re: beta software issue 53
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »
It must be something within your installation as no one else appears to be having any problems.  Where did you have the software installed to?  Was it the default location or did you install to C:\Airnav

Alan

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
I do know how to install airnav I owned 6+ years

I have windows 8.1 pro running with Radarbox on its own no other software. I have the normal list in network flights but it wont go to aircraft if I choose one out of the list. But it will allow it for local flights

any help am all ears

Beta programs have bugs like you they not always 100% perfect all the time

What version of windows 8 32bit or x64 are you running and which drivers are you using?

I know I have a very old laptop but it works with 403 program  It should be very capable running this software

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:32:10 PM by puddy »

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:55:43 PM »
I asked to try and help puddy, when others are running Windows 8 with no problems that leads me to believe there may be something specific to your installation and at a distance I have no idea how your installation is laid out.

I dont have Windows 8, just Windows 7 64bit.  Did it work with the previous Windows 8 drivers ok and it has just started giving this problem since you started using the new ones.

It may be adviseable to contact support direct for help.

Alan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:27:01 PM by Runway 31 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:34:56 PM »
When you mean nothing happens when you click on a network flight, does the software stop responding?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 03:12:11 AM »
Quote from: Alan
]I asked to try and help puddy,
Alan I am truly sorry if I offended you it was just one of those days
Quote from: Alan
Did it work with the previous Windows 8 drivers ok
Not sure because I was given windows 8 drivers to test the same time windows 8.1 came out. 
 Anrb windows 8 drivers work with 403 as well beta .53
The menu to load windows 8 anrb drivers in windows 8.1 is very different.  I sent anrb the menu and have heard nothing back not even a thank you

Quote from: Airnav

When you mean nothing happens when you click on a network flight, does the software stop responding? When you mean nothing happens when you click on a network flight, does the software stop responding?
The software still runs but it won’t take you to any network flights you choose in the list.  But if click in myfilghts and choose aircraft in the list it takes you straight to that aircraft.  At no time does the software freeze or close

I would like to know how many anrb use windows 8.1 pro x64 with wmc and same computer as mine.  I know my laptop is 3 years old but a system with GTM 555 3gb nivdia video card and 16gb memory should be able to run this program In addition the intel i7 cpu video card has been disabled by dell when built so will never default to the cpu

I have spent 3 days trying to get this to work time for the experts to take over
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:14:43 AM by puddy »

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »
Puddy,  Had you tried any of he previous V5 versions before 00.53?

Also please pass me the ticket ID received in return when you contacted Support and I will contact them to reply to you.  If you have not received a ticket ID they have not received your support request and I would suggest you contact them again with your request for assistance. [email protected]
Alan
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:39:16 PM by Runway 31 »

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 11:18:06 PM »
Alan
ticket id not needed airnav response is above your post

airnav have asked me questions by e-mail and on this forum.  re-other beta programs question I got windows 8.1 and 53 beta all around the same time

Hopefully airnav will bring a different beta version being a beta program theirs down to be some bugs.

I would like to know is their anybody running 53 beta with windows 8.1 x64 wmc with windows 8 drivers?

FACTflights

• Amateur Radio is my hobby.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 06:38:10 AM »
Had to restart the computer this morning, and found the old message on my screen again:

THIS IS A BETA VERSION NOT ALLOWED TO RUN AFTER 30 NOV 2013

John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

Undertaker

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:28 AM »
Same problem as posted byFACTflights, had updated from V2 and V5.0053 was installed to AirNavSystems file

TT

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:18 AM »
A new Beta version will be posted shortly

Alan

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »
Quote from: Runway
I asked to try and help puddy, when others are running Windows 8 with no problems that leads me to believe there may be something specific to your installation

Nothing wrong with my installation at all because it works with the new beta software version

Thank you for helping me I thought I was going mad but having the rdx drive doing a baremetal recovery in less 10 minutes saved a lot of time in installing software

I am just glad it works

so for those who are put off installing windows 8.1pro wmc x64bit don't be! I can say radarbox works fine now!!!  I did the full version of software rather than update
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:15:14 PM by puddy »