anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB not working on Windows 7.  (Read 3154 times)

Matt_Taylor

RB not working on Windows 7.
« on: December 01, 2013, 05:03:14 PM »
I have tried repeatedly to install RB on a Windows 7 laptop and just keep getting nowhere. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, my RB is running software version 2.01 (2008/08/20). The hardware is dated 2009 with serial number ANRB 13009.

I re-installed the RB again today and all I get is the green power light. The blue and white lights do not come on at all and the network/hardware boxes on the software are both yellow when I run the software. Device manager shows no problems and is showing driver version 2.6.0.0 (22/10/2009) which I have downloaded from the Airnav download page. I also have a desktop running Vista on which the RB works fine.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Runway 31

Re: RB not working on Windows 7.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 05:07:23 PM »
Matt,

That Radarbox version you are using is well out of date.  Try downloading and installing the latest beta version instead. http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50062BetaSetup.exe

Its a big download around and will take some time to download.

Alan

Matt_Taylor

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:14:24 PM »
Yeah, i know it's an old version but seeing as I've had no problems until recently I figured there was no need to change! I'll try that download shortly, will I need to reinstall RB?

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »
The link I gave you is the full install.  I would uninstall the old one.  The reason I suggested the new one is because it was out well before Windows 7 and I dont know if it will support 64bit. 

Make sure you install to C:\Airnav and not a program files location.

Alan

Matt_Taylor

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
Thanks for that, it seems to be ok now:)