anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with antenna  (Read 1907 times)

darkskies74

• AOR 8000. Station EXTSHA196235
Help with antenna
« on: October 24, 2013, 02:39:23 PM »
Hi,

I used to have the Radar Com Radar extender sited on the roof. Having moved to Oz, it's now time to set up all the equipment again. It's been a while since I have had RB set up decently, got away with using the indoor antenna. But now want to set it all up properly. Sadly when the antenna was dismantled (not by me!!) the RG8 cable was cut. I'm asking all you kind folk out there what equipment/connectors I'll need to set up again. As you can see from the picture attached, I have the 'N' type connector to my RB intact.

Thanks.

Phil :-)
Was 32 NM SSW of YPPH.......where the sun shines.
Previously 31NM NNW of EGCC....where it didn't shine!
Now back near EGCC, Oh, how I miss the sun!!!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Help with antenna
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
Hi Phil, if possible do away with the adaptor using an N-type plug with 18" feeder with N-type socket and F-type connector to the RB, this is particularly important if you're using the much heavier and thicker co-ax such as Westflex (single central conductor and rather stiff for bending, heavily shielded) or RG213 which is cheaper - someone in Down Under must stock them, but are both very heavy for carriage in 100m drums!   Maplin Electronics and  Nevada stock fittings and will export at a price if not available locally to you - although local could be 1000 miles DU!!!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!