AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ACARSD - Free ACARS Decoder for Linux and Windows  (Read 16199 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
ACARSD - Free ACARS Decoder for Linux and Windows
« on: April 13, 2008, 10:28:55 AM »
ACARSD Beta V1.7 has just been released.  Why is this interesting - because it gets data from Port 30003 :-)

http://www.acarsd.org/

And the download is here:

http://www.acarsd.org/RC/

Read the How-To-SBS-1.txt file in the downloaded zip to see how to install.  It actually looks more complicated than it really is and you can set it up manually, but the DOS quickinstaller works well.  If you do make any changes with the setup.exe, don't forget to save the new ini file.

Before anybody else asks me any questions, I know very little about ACARSD, although I did play with the last public beta version with the SBS-1 before it was withdrawn by the producers due to too much public criticism!  I guess that you have to have a thick skin when you release beta software :-)

You'll just have to play with it and then you can tell me how it works and what it can do!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:06:23 AM by Allocator »

DaveR

Re: ACARSD - Free ACARS Decoder for Linux and Windows
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »
Thanks for the headsup. I read about this when I was using the device made by the "other side" however by the time I wanted to investigate it they took the beta of the site.

markwolfe

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
Hi

As anyone got this working with the Radarbox?

Has a quick play, says connexted to SBS-1 (sorry to swear) but I am receiving no ACARS data.

Mark

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
Hi

As anyone got this working with the Radarbox?

Has a quick play, says connexted to SBS-1 (sorry to swear) but I am receiving no ACARS data.

Mark

Yes, my screenshots above are with ACARSD connected to RadarBox.

Read the How-To-SBS-1.txt file in the downloaded zip to see how to install.  It actually looks more complicated than it really is and you can set it up manually, but the DOS quickinstaller works well.  If you do make any changes with the setup.exe, don't forget to save the new ini file.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:45:39 PM by Allocator »

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 05:10:24 PM »
If you are expecting to see ACARS data from other users, then I believe that you will need the server (clientNG) as well.

Allocator