anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox Windows 8 Drivers - Test Required  (Read 9870 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RadarBox Windows 8 Drivers - Test Required
« on: October 08, 2013, 03:06:03 AM »
Hi

We are looking for volunteers, which have RadarBox installed on Windows 8 to try our new signed drivers for Windows including Windows 8. Please send us an email to [email protected] if you are interested in helping us with our tests.

Henning

Re: RadarBox Windows 8 Drivers - Test Required
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »
Before you give us a bugfixed version of the RadarBox software, I won't do anything for you!

chrisonmas

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
I am getting a Windows 8 Lap top within the next couple of weeks, are you still looking for help?

Regards
Chris

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:43:50 AM »
We have a new set of Windows 8 drivers available at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip

We would require the help of Windows 8 users to test them and send us the results.

chrisonmas

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:54:45 AM »
Unfortunately my purchase of the new laptop has been pushed back, but once I get it I will try the new drivers.

SIGINT1

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
Have HP DV7t Laptop with Intel i7 processor - Running windows 8.1 Pro - downloaded new drivers and attempted to install them - still get hash mark error - was able to use the Advanced Start Up Option to disable signed driver enforcement and the new drivers installed and appear to be working well - I will be away for few days so that about all I can tell you at this time - Joe

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »
Why on earth don't AirNav have the capacity to test these themselves?
It's not as though an individuals instance on Windows 8 would be any different from a set up they should be able to create?

Maybe I'm missing the point?

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
Hi Marpleman, whilst I agree with the basic principle of what you say, a lot of ANRB users have very different demands and requirements and can test, highlight and report many problems and glitches that a team of one or two (at most!) bods would take 10 years to find out - if I was techy enough to be able to do this, and had Win 8 I'd be happy to help, but most of it goes way over my head!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »
But surely a Windows 8 issue with respect to drivers , comes into play in establishing that the software is compatible with the basic operating suite, irrespective of user requirements?

I wouldn't expect a user to have to test the effectiveness of a driver. This should be QA'd as part of standard software upgrade if the designer of the software designates that it's software / product is compatible with a new operating system.

This issue has been rolling on for months and is totally unacceptable.

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 08:19:14 PM »
The drivers have just been through the certification process with Microsoft and have received their approval

Alan

thedouth

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
I have windows 8.1 and have just downloaded the new drivers, so far I have noticed no difference from the old drivers to be honest

Ben

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »
We are still waiting for the feedback of some users regarding the new drivers. On several tests we've made with Windows 8 they worked perfectly. We will consider this task done when we receive more feedback.

>Why on earth don't AirNav have the capacity to test these themselves?
It's not as though an individuals instance on Windows 8 would be any different from a set up they should be able to create? Maybe I'm missing the point?

It's called beta testing. We test all corrections/features ourselves and then ask for the community approval to consider an issue corrected.

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »

They do work with windows 8.1 pro I don't get any prompts now even though I put ANRB file outside the programs list

On network flights the list comes up but whatever I click the map will not move or show up. After a few minutes after I lose all network flights listed Help Needed

Kind regards

Michael
Ps I am running the latest version of ANRB

Kind regards

Puddy
I have tried to work out network issue since 3am gmt. It works with local flights
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:52:05 PM by puddy »
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 05:52:44 PM »
I presume that you have closed down and restarted ANRB and it is still the same.  Has it been running OK and has just started doing this.

Alan

thedouth

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
I have been using my system on the new drivers all afternoon at Heathrow. All running smoothly for me so far

Ben