anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Purple Rain...  (Read 6873 times)

Deadcalm

Purple Rain...
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
I seem to be getting a lot of instances of radiating purple lines, as in the image below.
Any explanation for this?  I did consider them a "feature" of my video card, but as this is quite a high-spec card, I have my doubts.

I mentioned this in the Screenshots forum as well, and it was suggested that this was generated by RadarBox from dodgy information received.

Also, for the benefit of Airnav, I still get occasional crashes of the programme, usually after "waking" the machine from the XP screensaver, or from restoring the programme from a "minimised" state.  I get the usual "Not Responding, need to close" message from Windows Task Manager.

DC

* Update - here's another one...

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 09:54:09 AM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Purple Rain...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:00:39 AM »
There is a post about these lines elsewhere on the forum.  I hadn't really thought about it, but the suggestion is that some aircraft are transmitting position information that "jumps" from one position to another.  This is either accidental or deliberate depending on your point of view :-)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 03:33:19 PM »
Yes its either a erroneous transponders which is causing the issue (might be deliberate) or its connected to a GPS onbard which is not functioning well.

Don't worry though aircraft have more than one GPS system.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 04:52:59 PM »
Don't worry though aircraft have more than one GPS system.

That has been noticed before with transponders. Some aircraft have the correct hex programmed into No I but an incorrect one in No.2. Example C17 Globemaster registration 90-0535 has AE07D4 (correct) and also 900535 (incorrect) prgrammed and I have seen it with both showing :-)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
Here is a case of an aircraft clearly passing incorrect position information, with each position report being thousands of miles apart.  Note also that there is no heading information.

Flight ID - ITTFLYB N624N GLF5