AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New forum member  (Read 3953 times)

billmurphy

New forum member
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »
Hi all
Im a new forum member.
I am considering the purchase of the RB but before i do i need some questions answered.
I live in Swansea in South Wales, I was wondering if anybody in this area has used this product. I also note that the frequency used is 1090Mhz and is it possible to listen for signal noise on a scanner (Just to check if i can recieve the data signals).  I do see lots of contrails in the morning and evenigs and i think i live just south of an airway (UG1) i think it is and about 5miles from Swansea airport although this airport is used mainly for local light aircraft.
Thanks in advance
Billy

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: New forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »
Hi Billy,

We have loads of the customers in the UK so I am sure there is some near you.

You should no problem whatsoever with signal noise as the frequency is not close to any known interference. Remember the RadarBox tracks aircraft with ADS-B so light aircraft are unlikely to have ADS-B and hence not tracked.

However from your location you would almost definitely pickup lots of overflights and depending on your antenna setup up too 200miles coverage.

Have a look at our screenshot section to get an idea.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

drskeptical

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:07:29 AM »
Hi
You should see plenty of activity in your location.
Up here just north of Manchester I can see plenty of activity even on a Saturday morning. I would suspect it get busyer during the week days.

Take a shuffty ay the attached screen shots. 1st is direct from my home location just north of Manchester, using outside antenna & pre amp.

2nd shot is with networking 'ON' and live images.

You won't be disapointed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

billmurphy

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:22:18 AM »
Thanks for that drskeptical.
Im getting more and more convinced to buy one, just another question, I have a desktop at home and take my laptop out ocassionally I understand the Radarbox must be connected to PC at times of use, but can the software be put on multiple PC,s for mobile use with the laptop and then use at home on the desktop
Thanks BILLY

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:32:39 AM »
Thanks for that drskeptical.
Im getting more and more convinced to buy one, just another question, I have a desktop at home and take my laptop out ocassionally I understand the Radarbox must be connected to PC at times of use, but can the software be put on multiple PC,s for mobile use with the laptop and then use at home on the desktop
Thanks BILLY

Billy,

You can put the RadarBox software on more than one PC, as it won't work to display any aircraft unless the RadarBox hardware is connected.  I use RadarBox at home with my main PC and out and about with the laptop - it works a treat. See the link below for examples of mobile use without the Internet.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=746.0

You won't get any Network traffic if you don't have an Internet connection and other functions such as auto-populate and photo download obviously won't work without the Internet either, but you can show recorded files though without having the hardware connected.

billmurphy

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »
OK thats it, seen enough.
Been on the blower to Waters & Stanton and have purchased one for delivery early next week.
Many thanks to all have answered my questions and queries and hope to see you all next week when im up and running and sharing data (when at home) and and hope someone can assist me if i run in to difficulty
Many thanks again   Billy  (Swansea)