AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dash Eight on screen  (Read 3972 times)

Undertaker

Dash Eight on screen
« on: July 07, 2013, 07:20:43 PM »
The last few days I have picked up a number of Dash Eights on the screen, they have had * by them so I guess they are on somebody elses box as they have only ever appeared for me in the  info box on the side of the screen, can anybody tell me if they should be going thru my machine now and appearing on my screen?

Tony

Runway 31

Re: Dash Eight on screen
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
With the * the means they are being supplied by the network.  Can you remember any details of any of the ones you saw?

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:34:19 PM »
Tony - Dash-8s normally aren't equipped with ADS-B - I've got 181 in MyLog, of which it reports that only 16 have ADS-B - and I'm sure some of those are false.

Also, ATRs rarely have it, but Aer Arann's new ATR72-600 EI-FAS has got it, so it does appear on the map, and therefore on the network.

For a fuller explanation, see my RadarBox page here: http://rodbearden.com/RadarBox/RadBox1.htm

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

Undertaker

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »
Thanks for those replies just up on my screen the following [at 1900L]

CFE8769*
G-LCYG E170
FL173 2KT
EGLC-LSZH

Also noted that several DLH CRJs namely D-ACNI G-ACNR [+ others that i can't remember] and some Luxair DHC8s going inbound to LCY, all with * against them but not appearing to move on the screen when refreshed

Tony

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »
Tony I may be wrong but I didnt think that G-LCYG or the DLH CRJ9's are ADSB equipped so cant show on the map

Undertaker

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 07:44:04 PM »
I thought that they didn't appear on the map, certainly not mine but only with the * which I presume they appear on somebodies on the Network ??!!, any offers

Tony

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 07:51:39 PM »
As they are not ADS-B equipped they will not appear on the network, if you pick them up on your box they will appear on the grid but not on the map as they do not give off positional information.  The star normally appears on the legend on the map to show they are networked.  Where was the star on the screen?

I am confused as you state that they didnt appear to move on the screen and then you state they didnt appear on your map?

Alan
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:02:30 PM by Runway 31 »

Undertaker

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 08:12:15 PM »
Sorry Alan it's getting confusing, they appear on my map screen but not from my box as because of the * they are are from another  box [on the network ?], they do not move across the screen but after a couple of minutes they go white [timeout ?] and then disappear

Tony

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:07:37 PM »
Tony,

I have not got a clue as they shouldnt be on the map as they are not ADS-B equipped so cannot show either on the network or on myflights.

I tried looking using the filter for them on the network but not surprisingly I couldnt find them either by registration and none of the CRJ9 type showed either.

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
Tony

If you see these on the map again, can you take a screenshot (function key F3) and post it here so we can see what's going on?

Rod
Rod

ACW367

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »
This is to do with the hex code confusion bug.  The packet for an ADS-B aircraft is getting confused with the non-ADS-B aircraft's packet. 

The Lat/Long from the ADS-B aircraft get wrongly attributed to the non ADS-B packet causing the latter to temporarily appear on the map on the network.

Undertaker

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 05:47:01 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone, maybe one day we will 'see' these non ADS-B aircraft on the map

Regards
Tony