AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox Unresponsive  (Read 15031 times)

CZUL

RadarBox Unresponsive
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
I have experienced several hangs with the the latest version of RB - 1.5. I have to end the task and restart it.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks
Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox Unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 07:38:40 AM »
1.5 is very stable according to comments we have heard back. However one bug known for causing this is using the recorder function.

This will be fixed for 1.6.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

asecna

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:35:51 AM »
I have the same kind of experience. ANRB14 appears more stable. I also experience a problem when you minimize the radarbox window and try to toggle back it does not want to enlarge it. I have to kill the task in order to start again. I can also confirm the recorder pb but in my case it may be casued by the lack of aircraft.

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:21:46 AM »
Hi,
In mine (v1.5), sometimes when i try open Database Explorer, the RB freeze and i have to shut down.
And i loose last data i have put.
Any idea?
Regards
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

Deadcalm

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 10:27:45 AM »
I've noticed the programme becoming very sluggish, and unresponsive to menu selection over a period of time.  I suspected a memory drain, but Airnav are insistent that any memory leakage has been fixed with v1.4 onwards.

I have to say I'm not so sure about this.  Selection from any menu becomes treacly after the programme has been running for a while, although the live display itself appears to be functioning OK.  Changes of map, or selection from the Tools menu etc., almost brings the programme to its knees.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

EINN-07

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »
I've noticed the programme becoming very sluggish, and unresponsive to menu selection over a period of time.  I suspected a memory drain, but Airnav are insistent that any memory leakage has been fixed with v1.4 onwards.

I have to say I'm not so sure about this.  Selection from any menu becomes treacly after the programme has been running for a while, although the live display itself appears to be functioning OK.  Changes of map, or selection from the Tools menu etc., almost brings the programme to its knees.

DC

DC

One thing that definitely causes this is having 'Share Data' ticked in File / Preferences / Radar Box if you are not on the internet.

Secondly I have noticed that sometimes after running non stop for 36 to 48 hours it is necessary to reboot the PC just to clear memory ansd speed it up again.

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »
That seems a bit drastic!  I find 2 or 3 hours is about all I can run RadarBox for without a significant slow down.  Also, if we all elected not to share our data, then I presume there'd be no network traffic at all, for anyone...

DC
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:07:36 PM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...

EINN-07

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »
Also, if we all elected not to share our data, then I presume there'd be no network traffic at all, for anyone...

DC

Not suggesting not sharing - but if you are running a laptop away from an internet connection there is no need to have 'Share Data' ticked :)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
That seems a bit drastic!  I find 2 or 3 hours is about all I can run RadarBox for without a significant slow down.  Also, if we all elected not to share our data, then I presume there'd be no network traffic at all, for anyone...

DC

I run RadarBox all day - up to 18 hours - with and without the Internet on both my desktop and the laptop and I don't suffer any slow down at all.

CZUL

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
apart from the hangs i have found that 1.5 does in fact have slow response. I may downgrade to 1.4 until 1.6 is released.

Allocator

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 03:51:26 PM »
apart from the hangs i have found that 1.5 does in fact have slow response. I may downgrade to 1.4 until 1.6 is released.

Are you using RadarBox with an Internet connection?

CZUL

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 04:21:54 PM »
Yes, I am.

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »
Strange that you are having problems then.  V1.5 is much better that V1.4, especially as the MyLog function works correctly

Other things to check:

- what other programs do you have running, including programs in the background.  Take a look at the Windows Task Mangager (CTL + ALT + DEL).  On my PC ANRB.exe is using an average of 46,000K of memory, FireFox is using 88,000K but I do have a few windows open.  CPU useage is averaging 25% although it is dropping to 10% every now and then and very occasionally peaking at 80%

- how much hard disk space do you have free

- how much memory do you have installed in your PC

CZUL

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 04:47:05 PM »
I have a few other things running, but my PC is running a litle low on RAM. I'll do some testing with my laptop that is far more powerful and see what the response time is like. I have had no time this week to get into the troubleshooting.

ANRB is using 76, 752 K

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »
From the general feedback and logging via the network we are not seeing any major issues regarding stability. Other than:

1.) Recorder
2.) Minimization and Maximization
3.) Share data when there is no Internet connection

Whats important to remember is that RadarBox with all the functions to the max will take some CPU power.

So setting all the functions when you have slower machine is not the best idea. Secondly running other software which has high CPU usage as well is also not recommend.

We have had cases where people have complained but then also told us they are running high end games and applications in the background.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]