AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dumb Question  (Read 3696 times)

vanjack

Dumb Question
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:14:43 PM »
In Radar Box software and like Airnav 4.1 can advantage be taken of the  fix database to enter a flight and track it based on ground speed?  This would be a boon to the HF guys for tracking Oceanic flights.  Airnav 4.1 fix db is hopelessly out of date but I note the Radar Box is reasonably up to date for Oceania.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Dumb Question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
It is not like Suite. You cannot add flights, it adds flights it self from what is picks up.

Unforunately for Suite fans RadarBox is the new kid on block and is getting all the updates :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

prbflight

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 03:06:24 AM »
Then please, please add a RADIO and VISUAL function!  Then RadarBox would be perfect.

Thanks

Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 07:32:50 AM »
You could if you add to that the comments in MyLog. Or create a starting database with some extra columns.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

prbflight

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 03:45:26 PM »
You could if you add to that the comments in MyLog. Or create a starting database with some extra columns.

Create a database with some extra columns...has anyone out there done this?  This is beyond my knowledge.  It would be great when viewing traffic around the network to see at a glance if I've physically seen or heard via radio the aircraft I am watching on the other side of the pond.  I am thinking of two extra columns in the grid that show a binocular icon and a radio icon such as in AirNav Suite.  For that matter why not add a third column that shows the ACARS icon so you would know that at one point or another you had also picked up an ACARS transmission from that aircraft?   Of all the RadarBox users out there is there anyone else who would like to be able to see at a glance this information in the grids?  I think it would be great.

Paul