AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Presentation  (Read 1810 times)

lightman

Presentation
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »
Good evening,
I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.
I'm Italian.
I am a holder of Airnav RadarBox since 2009 and I am very satisfied with this system that I think is very realistic.
Initially I used it for a few days the supplied antenna onto the roof with an extension of cable TV SAT. After I homebuilt antenna from a project for the ADS-B and bought the cable Ecoflex 10. I improved the signal of about 50 miles. Before I received signals from 70/80 miles and with the homemade antenna I got to 120 miles.
Now I bought an antenna for this system and I went to a reception of 200 miles and beyond.
I wanted to ask a question: I saw signs of AirItaly by several thousands of miles, even someone who has arrived from Antarctica! It is not really possible. This has happened to me with other Company in other place of world. Why? It's possible?
Greetings

Lightman

Runway 31

Re: Presentation
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »
Hi Lightman,

Welcome to the forum.

The box will display the position data given out by the aircraft.  Sometimes aircraft can give off erroneous positional information occasionally which leads to the position being displayed wrongly.  Some types of aircraft are very prone to this, BAe ATP's for example are displayed quite often as if they were in Africa when the are actually flying in Europe.

Alan

lightman

Re: Presentation
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
Hi Alan,
thanks for the informations.
It was as I thought.
Best regards.

Lightman