anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav..where do we currently stand with updates to Radarbox?  (Read 41012 times)

chewycanes

Re: Airnav..where do we currently stand with updates to Radarbox?
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2013, 12:17:25 PM »
Jaskel
This forum is also for free speech which can include critisism.
If i or anyone says things AN don't like they have the ability to reply or ban us.
Your comment of 'I assure you will die looking' certainly does not help the 'adult' argument when you do not know the status of peoples health that your are argueing with.
Brian

Chris11

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
I will also not be renewing my network coverage when it comes around.
There are so many things that could have been done with minimal programming but we get nothing. The question is asked as to how many developers there are. If I look at hwat could have been done vs what we have seen (nothing) I can only equate ANRB to a one man mom and pop shop.

Pity - they HAD a product that was the best but they have been overtaken.

What should be more embarrassing to ANRB is that the best services provided to users comes from volunteers - database updates, logos, silhouettes, etc
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:42:20 PM by Chris11 »

bratters

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
Quote jaskel    "If you don't like it then go find a product that doesn't have bugs...I assure you that you will die looking cause it doesn't exist."

What sort of nonsence is that? It's OK to have faults because all products have faults? I've never heard such rubbish!!

As for "die looking cause it doesn't exist" - words fail me.

CYYZGUY

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »
Ok, my 2 cents worth here.  Since I started the thread.  I am on both sides of the fence here.  Quite simply, the product does what I want it to do....I can track the planes that are around me, go outside, identify them, grab the binoculars and enjoy the hobby.  I can also see the frustration from lack of updates.....

I guess none of the bugs really affect me too much. 

Would be nice to know however that airnav systems is further developing the client software and will hopefully come out with a new full version one day..

Jason

2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

jim_stockwell

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
I have not got on the bandwagon of if only and when!

I agree with CYYZGUY in that I have paid my money and the box assist me in what is my hobby!

Yes it would be nice to have updates and no Air Nav do not help themselves by  not setting out a clear timetable for upgrades, but unless you are prepared to purchase another brand we have to accept what we have got and PLEASE lets enjoy our pastime.

To the updaters  What A Great Job they do    lets remember that!

Runway 31

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »
I am with Jaskel the last two posters here as, as far as I am concerned Radarbox does what it states in the tin.  Instead of wondering what aircraft are around me I know by looking at the screen.

Yes I agree that the bugs could and should have been sorted out a long time ago but as far as I am concerned they no way detract from the display and from telling me what I want to know about the airspace around me and what is going on in the wider world. 

I am aware that 4.04 is being worked on as I type and I trust that the testers will receive the beta within the next week or so and thereafter the results will determine what happens next, whether it is made available for wider release or whether like the last one it is sent back for further work.  I expect it to be the former but time will tell.

I just hope that users are not underwhelmed by what they receive as in my opinion it will not make much of a difference other than the knowledge that the bugs are corrected.

Alan

CYYZGUY

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
Alan, will this update correct the problem of some aircraft logos not displaying if they are not putting out a true/proper ads/b signal.  I think you mentioned this before...for example, none of the Westjet logos ever appear in radarbox, but they do in radarbox24.

regards,

2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Runway 31

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
No it wont as there requires to be an extra column to add the airline ICAO code and this isnt included but will be in the next version.

Its not anything to do with the ADS-B signal its just that WJA dont include their ICAO code in the majority of their flight ID's

Alan

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2013, 07:54:35 PM »
How many other completely non-committal business do any of you know who continually make false promises, mis-representations, and more annoyingly churn out bog standard responses offering no information at all ?

I'd really love to see where the company I work for would end up, if it treated its customers with the same lack of respect AirNav treat theirs.

Maybe they'll lock the thread like they normally do ?

I gave up as a volunteer database updater because of the lack of support received from AirNav in the infancy of the database update programme .
To my mind the same amateur approach is taken to development  work, and there is very little we customers can do about this non-existent (which irrespective of what anyone says - it is) development of their MAIN product.

This isn't some "off shoot" product we're talking about is it?

I'll ask again..................how many people are working on all this in the background as either full time or part time developers?

Jaskel - I think your comments are totally misguided, but hey , that's my opinion. 

I have a tin of beans at home. On the tin it says "Beans". Can't deny that's what they are, but it also says on the tin, "Best before August 2009"

Enough said???????????

jaskel

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2013, 09:54:21 PM »
my opinion and experiences have been typed here, all positive in my opinion!

I have finished posing in this thread as it is going no where!

Now back to my hobby and may other hobbits enjoy m feeding the network!

jetset

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
I'm on the 'don't need an upgrade' boat.

I bought my radarbox for it's intended purpose and it does exactly what it it's supposed to do, pick up and display aircraft within my range.
I don't think I use half of the features in the software but then again I don't think I've ever fully understood how the thing works.
That don't matter to me. I just want to see what's up there as and when.
And the box does it :)
Steve

Henning

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2013, 01:14:08 AM »
When I bought my RadarBox I had to make a decision between the SBS and the RadarBox. And because I really liked the 3D-View feature of the RadarBox I decided to go for it. The problem with this feature is that it does not display the planes at the correct altitude. I was hoping to get this fixed rather quickly because it's only a multiplication which is missing in the software. But since I reported it years ago it never got fixed.
And I am not even sure if it will be fixed in version 4.04. Maybe Alan can tell me whether it will or not.

So I am really frustrated because I paid a lot of money for a feature that I was never able to use the way I wanted it to use.

Meanwhile I bought an SBS-3 and have switched off my RadarBox completely.
I've given up hope and don't think we will ever see a new version of the RadarBox software. AirNav's statements are still the same they were many years ago. Why should I trust them more now? They don't give me any reason!

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »
Surely Alan has got enough to do,giving up his spare time updating AirNavs database?

this is the entire problem
Alan,and the other guys,Orkney,ACW,Andrew,not forgetting  Rod and Tarbat are all enthusiasts who do what they do for the love of it.

It should not be up to them to be the voice of AirNav.........
If they didn't offer what they know regarding where certain bug fixes and development issues were up to,we'd be completely in the dark.