AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav..where do we currently stand with updates to Radarbox?  (Read 41025 times)

oliver14

Re: Airnav..where do we currently stand with updates to Radarbox?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »

Thanks for your reply Runway 31, I just thought that after all this time, there may have been a Beta version in a " suitable condition " for release, my mistake.

AV61

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
as a fairly new user to radarbox and i can say i am more than pleased with it
I am curious to know what the additions are going to be when the beta version is eventually released.
as people have already been testing it i assume they are in a position to tell us at least what the proposed
changes/improvements are going to be so we know what to expect

thanks
Nick

Runway 31

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »
Nick,

There are no additions or enhancements proposed, only bug fixes.

The thumbnail photo(s) of aircraft retrieved from the Airnav server are not always the same image(s) retrieved from the links in fields LK and LK2 in the aircraft table.

The Mangled Type Designator Bug - ICAO Aircraft Type field gets "..." or other incorrect data populated into the field.

Data (callsigns, altitudes, squawks, routes, etc) being assigned to the wrong aircraft.

The Serial Confusion Bug - Information about an aircraft displayed next to the aircraft photo is derived from the aircraft table using a lookup key of the registration (AR). Where a duplicate aircraft exists with the same registration this can result in the wrong information being displayed.  Lookup should be done using the ModeS Hex Code.

The 'Via' routes bug - Where the 'via' destination is shown as the final destination of a route, and the real final destination is not displayed.

The Flight Merging Bug - If you pick an aircraft up on separate days using the same flightnumber as it had on the last day you recieved it, then the starttime/endtime for that flight in mylog show as being the  full24/48/72hour period and the flight does not go into reporter.

Local alerts not working if aircraft previously on network.

Equatorial Black Hole bug - Aircraft disappear from the map in the zone between 2°N and 2°S.

Preference box needs to be resizable to cope on PCs using 125% font size, or small screen size.

The Diacritical mark bug - The fonts used next to the photo does not support diacritical marks. All diacritical marks in the Navdata corrupt when shown next to the photo.

If you sort the Network Flights list by Distance ascending, there's always 10-20 aircraft at the top of the list with Distance and Bearing BLANK. Even though they are listed with a valid Latitude/Longitude, and appear on the map.

When setting the range in the advanced filters with the lat & long settings, then saving as a .flv, filter extension file, works as it should, but after closing AirNav & restarting the program the range filter cannot be used because there appears to be a default setting of lat 39.75 long -105.00.

The Spurious Position Bug

The Aircraft in Limbo bug

The Magic Carpet Bug

Aircraft Sessions Extended - Flights are being logged, when the aircraft has timed out. Does not occur to all aircraft.
ADS-B Aircraft take a long time to appear in the 2D map after they are first received when you are activated for 3D (The 3 buttons are visible on the top right of the screen).

Admin Restriction - On Certain corp machines, networks, admin is not given to the user and hence, RadarBox cannot be run without admin rights.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »
We all would have thought that Oliver.

AV61

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
hi Alan
thanks for that detailed information
I m not suprised its taking a while to sort it all out
Keep up the good work
Nick

Henning

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info about the bugs that are going to be fixed. Unfortunately I cannot see the bug with aircraft that are shown at the wrong altitude in the 3D view on this list.
Does that mean that this very simple bugfix (a multiplication is missing) which I am waiting for for several years won't be fixed??? That would be extremely disappointing!

AirNav can you tell me anything about this?

bratters

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »
AV61 Quote.......

hi Alan
thanks for that detailed information
I m not suprised its taking a while to sort it all out
Keep up the good work
Nick

Err not quite.........while we have been waiting I've seen two grandchildren go through university, learnt to speak a new language and my wife has written a book.

Airnav have come up with ...........not a lot.

PS Is it me or should the forum "quote" operation also be added to the bug list? Can't get it to work myself.

EK01

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
Bratters,

The quote function hasn't been working for weeks !

bratters

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
Add it to the bloomin' list then.  It's like painting the Forth bridge this. Endless.

ACW367

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 12:42:22 AM »
September 17, 2012
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg84155#msg84155
Airnav Support
The Plan Forward:

After listening to customers this week, we have decided that the development team due to the delays on the new top down version will go back to Version 4 code and rectify the major bugs and issues that customers are facing. (This will delay the RadarBox related projects we mentioned only) We are putting plans in place to get this setup and contacting customers who have had certain issues to work through them with us (we do have certain details of these provided). We hope to then achieve a beta version soon to all customers (we obviously cannot give a date but we will be working on get this out as soon as possible).

We understand the frustration from customers regarding some of the issues and we will putting our full efforts behind this to rectify Version 4 before moving back on to the new version. We do apologise profusely for the delays however we hope to be able to bring the beta and other new developments as soon as possible to the public.

--------------------------
November 03, 2012
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg85587#msg85587
Airnav Development
We are happy to announce that a new version of the software with all reported bugs corrected  is already on beta testing stage.
Work continues and we will let you know once we have more news.

3 February 2013
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7485.msg89120#msg89120
Airnav Development
At this time we have V4.04 almost finished but we have to totally focus on the server problems we had 1 month ago. Once everything is totally stabilized with the server we will work on RB4.04 again.

2 March 2013
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7522.msg90021#msg90021
Orkney
Previous bugs - status:
001 - Tested OKAY.  Thumbnails correctly match photos on links at planespotters.net.
002 - Tested OKAY.  No "..." or other odd ICAO codes.
003 - Tested OKAY.  I haven't seen any problems with data assigned to wrong aircraft.
004 - Tested OKAY.  Two aircraft with same REG, display correct information.
005 - Tested OKAY.  ANZ1 displayed as EGLL to NZAA via KLAX.
006 - Tested OKAY.  6 days of testing, no flights going over more than one day except near midnight.
007 - Tested OKAY.  Aircraft going from network to local alerted on local.
008 - Cannot test – not located on the equator.
009 - Preference box can now be resized, but if you do, you lose the APPLY OKAY and CANCEL buttons.
010 - Tested OKAY.  Added a "é" into Company Name, and it displayed okay next to photo.
011 - Tested OKAY.  Sorting on DISTANCE in Network list now correct.
012 - Tested OKAY.  Range filter settings saved okay.
013 - Tested OKAY.  Not see any purple rain or aircraft out of position.
014 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
015 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
016 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
017 - Tested OKAY.  Not seen this happen.
018 - Cannot test, as I have admin rights.

ACW367
Airnav you said 70% complete.  How can a patch be only 70% complete when you have so many test objectives signed off in beta and waiting releases in patches.  Why haven't you released said patches.  Why do we need a full 4.04.  On my phone and computer most all software companies release patches to the current version as small exe to fix minor bug problems as they are identified and solved.

If 12 of the 18 issues are fully solved through Beta testing WHY OH WHY have they not been released to us over the last six months/year/two years as:
Patch 4.03.1
Patch 4.03.2
Patch 4.03.3
Patch 4.03.4
Etc

Just about every other company does this.  In my google store for phone Apps I currently have 15 patches available for download, with the majority just to correct bugs without a full new version release. For the excellent complement to Airnav - Flightaware, I have just downloaded the next patch to the well running V3.2 - Patch 3.2.7 is advertised as having stability and performance improvements against the previous patch 3.2.6

Waiting for Airnav patch 4.03.1 soonest which gives us the 12 beta tested and signed off improvements. Hopefully 4.03.2 would then quickly follow with the remainder which are not yet sorted/signed off.

Airnav
Why are you still waiting months for 4.04 when all us users want is small patches to 4.03 as individual bugs are signed off.  WHERE IS 4.03.1 THAT DELIVERS THE 12 FIXES THAT WERE CLEARED BEFORE CHRISTMAS.  WHY A FOUR MONTH DELAY ON THAT PATCH. 

4.04 is not important, patches 4.03.1 etc that deliver the individual cleared bug fixes are exceptionally late. Surely the by-monthly thread from users tells you that you may require a change in your corporate strategy to match companies like those mentioned above by using small REGULAR patches, rather than large new private/public tested betas which appear to be an overwhelming proposition for a company of your scale.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:46:23 AM by ACW367 »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 01:01:12 AM »
Well said, ACW.

We really do need some action from AirNav. We've had only words for too long now. Even I am starting to get frustrated by the lack of a patch!

Rod
Rod

bratters

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »
Rod - have you read Airnav's latest? I think 4.04 is it - take it or leave it but might have misconstrued the message.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7661.0

RodBearden

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 10:35:22 AM »
AirNav are talking about releasing more information in a couple of weeks.

What we should be having is a patch NOW containing the fixes that are tested (well, we should have had that months ago).

We have been waiting an awfully long time.

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 10:57:37 AM »
Rod, I don't think you would want the version "containing the fixes that are tested".  The last version I beta-tested had too many problems to make it a viable release candidate.  As with any beta-testing, testing the fixes is the easy bit.  Testing that nothing else has been broken is the hard bit.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7522.msg89996#msg89996

In my opinion, items 1, 3, and 7 made this version unfit as a release candidate.  Of course, these may have been fixed in later beta releases, only a current beta tester can confirm that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:02:11 AM by tarbat »

RodBearden

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 11:17:36 AM »
Agreed, Tarbat, but we don't seem to have moved forwards at all for so long. You say that you are no longer involved in Beta testing - I've never been involved in 4.04 or any bug fixes.

Perhaps if a few more testers had been involved, progress would have been better.

Rod
Rod