anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alert pop-up stopped displaying???  (Read 2631 times)

landyman

• IC-706, UBC3500XLT, ANRB.
Alert pop-up stopped displaying???
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
My alert pop-up - that display lower right of the screen that appears when the alert beep sounds, has stopped appearing.  I can't find how to re-instate it.

Using the 'Alerts' button to the right of the 'ACARS' button, shows that the 'Play a Sound' and 'Show a Notification Message' are both ticked.

I've also reduced the size of the map/height display to see if it's been hidden, but it's not.

Any suggestions please.

Runway 31

Re: Alert pop-up stopped displaying???
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:40:02 PM »
Are the other buttons for the particular alert ticked e.g.Mode-s, Registration, Network, etc that you are wanting alerted on.

The alerts both local and email are working OK

Alan

EK01

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
landyman,

If even a part of the dark blue line at the top of the box is showing, left click on it with your cursor and you should be able to drag it back to any position you want.

Ian

landyman

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »
Thanks for the two suggestions, but no joy!

As the beep is working correctly and the appropriate box is ticked for showing a Notification Message is ticked, it should display.

I've even used various settings of the Windows (XP) task bar, to see if it was hiding the small part to click on.

The 'Alert Log' is showing 23 entries, which is about correct.  Can't remember exactly how many beeps there have been.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:18:40 PM »
Its got me stumped Landyman, give [email protected] a call and see if they can help

Alan

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »
I've had this problem for over 2 years, but Airnav have shown no interest in trying to help me with it

I used to have to delete all of the registry settings before I started the b ox, then go through all the setup again for it to work, but that's stopped working now as well.

Let me know if you do find out what's happening

landyman

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
I've had this problem for over 2 years, but Airnav have shown no interest in trying to help me with it

I've not contacted Airnav as suggested in the previous posting as I guessed that the response would be similar to your experience.

When I first received my box and installed the software, as a professional programmer now retired, I was rather surprised at the poor quality of the program.  My 'professional' report to them was a waste of my time.

I guess that it's time to 'cut my losses' and go elsewhere.

Airnav need to 'come clean' with their customers about an update to the program and say; sorry but we will not be producing an update to an obsolete product (hardware & software), as it does not make commercial sense.

Thanks for the time taken to respond.