anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Locking Onto Planes Problem  (Read 6583 times)

Runway 31

Re: Not Locking Onto Planes Problem
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »
Jaskel,

I cannot see from your screenshot, what version of the RB software did you use when you installed on your new computer.  Did you use the CD which came with the box or did you download and install the latest 3.13 or 4.03 version.

If you have not  installed the latest version download and install it, that may make a difference.

Alan

jaskel

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 12:30:51 PM »
4.03 downloaded from site.

Wird thing is when I run PC in safe mode it locks heaps of planes, when i start in normal mode back to only a few locked!@

Runway 31

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »
I am sure that what you have told us about the safe mode and normal mode will mean something to someone who knows about computers but It has me stumped.

Again grasping at straws, does your USB cable run direct from the box to the computer or do you go via a USB hub.  If via a hud try going direct and see if it makes a difference.

Alan
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:39:53 PM by Runway 31 »

jaskel

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
nah direct from box to PC. I run same cable to laptop and it tracks 20-30 flights locked.

jaskel

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 06:12:23 AM »
still no luck, made sure folder pemissions are granted, made sure everything is ok and still poor lock %

im now at a loss...might have to retire the RB....no point running it if it wont work on my PC.

Runway 31

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »
If it works fine on one computer but not the other and all the settings both in Airnav and Windows and its services such as anti-virus etc are the same it can only point to something specific to that computer that needs sorting but I dont have a clue where to point you to.

Alan

jaskel

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »
yeah I agree.....the PC where the problem is was working fine until I upgraded the mobo/cpu and reinstalled windows 7....

I still think it is a file permissions thing....but ill keep searching for a few more days and if no joy then away it goes....really dont want to but it isnt working so there is no point.

jaskel

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 07:54:07 AM »
ok i have uninstalled ANRB and deleted all items in the registry.

Im now installing into the default directory, leaving everything default and see what happens

jaskel

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 08:02:53 AM »
well done and NO DIFFERENCE...30 flights, 3 tracked and locked

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 08:20:16 AM »
I dont know where it was installed to previously but note that you installed to the default program files location.  Have you installed to somewhere like C:\Airnav instead previously?.

I suppose you have looked at your anti-virus and other security setting although why some can lock and not others I dont know

Alan

jaskel

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »
well i uninstalled everything including antivirus, reinstalled and it fixed itself...really weird!

tHANKS FOR THE  help guys

screen shot attached...now that looks better! Do you think I would gain more tracked flights by adding an amp?? will it make any difference??

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »
"screen shot attached...now that looks better! Do you think I would gain more tracked flights by adding an amp?? will it make any difference??"

How long is your downlead from antenna to RB?   If less than 10M, unlikeley to make an appreciable difference.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

jaskel

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 11:32:04 AM »
i have 12m of coax and it is as thick as my thumb too

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »
You may notice a marginal improvement, but it won't be very much - how desperate are you for another couple of aircraft?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

jaskel

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 11:35:55 AM »
not much...just want to get them lower....im timing out at 800'