anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Air band antenna it is possible ?  (Read 2303 times)

gonz33

Air band antenna it is possible ?
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »
Greetings again, I want to know if I can use an air band antenna (118.0-136.9 MHz DPD Productions VHF Air Vertical Outdoor Model) to my radar box ? This while I get the Rama Radar 5 dB antenna, that still fails to arrive, and I have to wait 1 week more, if I connect to my radar box this antenna I can cause damage to my box? Thanks. . .

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Air band antenna it is possible ?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »
Hi Gonz, no, you shouldn't damage the RB, but I doubt that you'll pick up anything that's not virtually overhead, due to signal saturation.   It would be worth trying 13.5cm and 27cm lengths of thick wire connected to central conductor, the outer is screening.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

gonz33

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
Thanks Coast Guard Jon.

donburrows

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »
hi jon iv'e got problems again ,i think a neigbor has put a wireless camera up i am not reiceving flights more than 20 miles away ,we have a power cut thursday so i will be able to check then.i will have to get a filter

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
Hi Don, it'll be interesting to see if the scheduled power outage proves the point, just make sure that your lap-top's fully charged up though to power itself and the RB!   Look forard to hearing what the result is.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

donburrows

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »
got 2 batteries charged and inverter ready my laptop battery dosent last long.getting a quote for a filter from minicircuits