AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight info  (Read 20882 times)

Runway 31

Re: Flight info
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
Computers are wonderful things!!

Alan

jacobite

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 02:49:50 PM »
Computers are wonderful things!!

Alan

So I keep telling the wife,but she won't have it.

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 03:30:38 PM »
It will take some super computer to outsmart a woman!!

Alan

jacobite

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »
It will take some super computer to outsmart a woman!!

Alan

Latest position on map SHT12N showing ENGM-EGLL but should be EGLL-EGNT also KLM42G EHAM-EGPF sould be EGPF-EHAM.

Ian
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:04:59 PM by jacobite »

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 05:11:22 PM »
It was for me initially but is now showing EGLL-EGNT???  Maybe it was because I clicked on it , that forced a download from the server with the correct info as the attached screenshot show shows.  KLM42G is showing as EGPF-EHAM on my screen without me touching it.

Network info is from the server, myflights from the Navdata on your computer.

I will ask Airnav and see what they say.

Alan
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:13:18 PM by Runway 31 »

jacobite

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:36 AM »
It was for me initially but is now showing EGLL-EGNT???  Maybe it was because I clicked on it , that forced a download from the server with the correct info as the attached screenshot show shows.  KLM42G is showing as EGPF-EHAM on my screen without me touching it.

Network info is from the server, myflights from the Navdata on your computer.

I will ask Airnav and see what they say.

Alan

Morning Alan, yet more frustration,AWE734 showing on map as KMCO-KPHL should be KMCO-EGCC I have tried clicking on the flight but it stayed the same nothing changed. If the correct flight info is in the database then surely it should give the correct flight info on the map.
BCY58B On map now showing EGLC-EGPH should be EGPH-EGLC. KLM1277 shows nothing on map but is in database as EHAM-EGPH.KLM1073 shows as EDDT-EHAM but is routing EHAM-EGPH.
I am beginning to think I spent a lot of money on something that is full of problems.
Ian
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:04:06 AM by jacobite »

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 09:15:51 AM »
Hi Ian

I agree with your statement that it should show the route in the d/b however I am unable to contact Dev as he is unavailable for 12 hours due to other commitments

AWE734 routes KMCO,EGCC,KPHL not direct
KLM1073 routes EHAM,EGCC not as you suggest to Edinburgh

Alan

jacobite

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
Hi Ian

I agree with your statement that it should show the route in the d/b however I am unable to contact Dev as he is unavailable for 12 hours due to other commitments

AWE734 routes KMCO,EGCC,KPHL not direct
KLM1073 routes EHAM,EGCC not as you suggest to Edinburgh

Alan

Typo error for KLM1073 but was showing EDDT-EHAM.
Latest on map RYR03V nothing showing should read EGCC-ENRY.

Alan, I appreciate your assistance and any help and guidance you give but please understand that you would expect that the software etc. etc. should function correctly for the money one spends.

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »
No argument from me there.

Alan

jacobite

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 11:06:08 AM »
No argument from me there.

Alan

Glad you see my point Alan. This has been my hobby since I was knee high to a grasshopper, I thought that I would try something different and more up to date ha ha. I have used many ways of collecting flight info shortwave, scanners, ACARS etc. etc. but this takes the biscuit (it needs dunking).
Just out of interest Alan where are you situated in the UK? I live right on the coast in Scarborough.

Latest SHT12H landing EGNT yet flight was showing ENGM-EGLL I give up.

Ian

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:24:37 AM by jacobite »

Runway 31

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:49 PM »
Ian,

I am in Motherwell between Glasgow and Edinburgh.  Unfortunately nothing is problem free and 100% accurate especially where software is concerned, ask Mr Gates about that.

I think we have established that there is a problem with the server look up routines on occasions which need some tweaking.  As previously advised one of these problems is that on some occasions the previous route flown by the aircraft is not released by the look up routine and this is shown on the next flight flown by the aircraft instead of the correct one  I am sure this will be the case with SHT12H.

Airnav have been advised and I am sure that it will be dealt with in due course

Alan

jacobite

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »
Ian,

I am in Motherwell between Glasgow and Edinburgh.  Unfortunately nothing is problem free and 100% accurate especially where software is concerned, ask Mr Gates about that.

I think we have established that there is a problem with the server look up routines on occasions which need some tweaking.  As previously advised one of these problems is that on some occasions the previous route flown by the aircraft is not released by the look up routine and this is shown on the next flight flown by the aircraft instead of the correct one  I am sure this will be the case with SHT12H.

Airnav have been advised and I am sure that it will be dealt with in due course

Alan

Thanks for that Alan, now I have a question about the database. Is it true that there are 2 databases in use? one being Navdata and the other being the server database, if that is the case, then that could be causing a problem.

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »
Yes and no.  The Navdata is taken from the server on a regular basis and made available to users to download to their computer to update their database.  We try to issue a new Navdata around every fortnight but there may be occasions where the info on myflights may differ from the network server supplied info as the server data may have been changed since the Navdata was extracted.

The server is being updated all the time so there may be records on it that are not the same as on your computer.  Examples. new aircraft come on line, old ones are retired, scrapped, put into storage, aircraft change registrations, owners etc.  Routes are added, deleted, amended etc.  ICAO issues new codes for aircraft types, we learn of an airport which isnt in the database, airport ICAO codes change, airlines come and go etc.

WZZ seem to be changing their flight ID's on a weekly basis, some airlines change on the issuing of their winter or summer timetable using flight ID's which have been used before on another route.  Some airlines use the same flight ID on different routes dependent on the day of the week, I try not to include these.  Airlines start new routes all the time with new flight ID's

The FAA weekly update on Monday saw 200 new hex/registrations issued. Some were new aircraft, some were previously registered worldwide.  At the same time a further 53 aircraft were deregistered by the FAA. 

As we change the Navdata about every two weeks it isnt much of a problem.

You can carry out a manual data populate for new aircraft through mylog or by clicking on an unknown aircraft to force a download of the details if they are in the d/b and you can amend the your d/b manually as well.

Nothing stays the same unfortunately.

Alan
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:15:24 PM by Runway 31 »

jacobite

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 11:21:29 AM »
Yes and no.  The Navdata is taken from the server on a regular basis and made available to users to download to their computer to update their database.  We try to issue a new Navdata around every fortnight but there may be occasions where the info on myflights may differ from the network server supplied info as the server data may have been changed since the Navdata was extracted.

The server is being updated all the time so there may be records on it that are not the same as on your computer.  Examples. new aircraft come on line, old ones are retired, scrapped, put into storage, aircraft change registrations, owners etc.  Routes are added, deleted, amended etc.  ICAO issues new codes for aircraft types, we learn of an airport which isnt in the database, airport ICAO codes change, airlines come and go etc.

WZZ seem to be changing their flight ID's on a weekly basis, some airlines change on the issuing of their winter or summer timetable using flight ID's which have been used before on another route.  Some airlines use the same flight ID on different routes dependent on the day of the week, I try not to include these.  Airlines start new routes all the time with new flight ID's

The FAA weekly update on Monday saw 200 new hex/registrations issued. Some were new aircraft, some were previously registered worldwide.  At the same time a further 53 aircraft were deregistered by the FAA. 

As we change the Navdata about every two weeks it isnt much of a problem.

You can carry out a manual data populate for new aircraft through mylog or by clicking on an unknown aircraft to force a download of the details if they are in the d/b and you can amend the your d/b manually as well.

Nothing stays the same unfortunately.

Alan

Hi Alan, I have had a lot of routing errors this morning the latest SHT12H which should show as going to EGNT but shows something different, surely the info in the server d/b can't be that incorrect, it's now getting a bit of a joke.

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
Ian,

If you dont pass the details of the error I cannot check them.  The server has SHT12H as EGLL-EGNT and is in the Navdata as such.  Are you seeing the incorrect info on the network or on myflights as network data comes from the server and myflight comes from the Navdata.

Also please read my reply from yesterday which advises that on some occasions the server routine is not releasing the data from the previous flight and is displaying that instead of the correct info.  Airnav are aware and will correct this in due course.  I only add the info to the database and anything other than correcting my errors are out of my control

Alan