anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Real Time Network Vs Radarbox24.com  (Read 5257 times)

dor4x

Real Time Network Vs Radarbox24.com
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »
Hi

I have compared my real-time network vs. radarbox24.com. I have  found that the radarbox24.com is more accurate, updating more frequently, and off course free..
New taking off aircrafts appears first on the web (much more then the 20 sec network update), Climbing altitude is in most cases advanced over the web.

My real-time network subscription will end soon. Is it normal that the web info will be more accruing and more fluent?

Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Real Time Network Vs Radarbox24.com
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:14 PM »
The actual data used by both is exactly the same so it may just be the 20 second update in RadarBox was just behind at the moment and then its live when it refreshes. It does all depend on how fast your internet speed is, as in the RadarBox case you are downloading all the positions every 20 seconds and then waiting for it to update.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

dor4x

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:16 AM »
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I do have fast internet speed (50Mbps) and at least on my side, it is much more then the 20sec waiting for the update.

rdale

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:44:07 AM »
I do notice many more flights on radarbox24.com than I see over my area with RadarBox v4.03, is there a difference in the source? I'm not sure if it's related, but many of the live flights over me have very inaccurate routes, and when I type the flight number into Google it is finding the right route. Is there a setting I need to tweak?

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 08:02:57 AM »
The source is the same. i.e from Radarboxes feeding the data into the network.

If you notice a route error please forward it to the Database update thread and we will ensure it is corrected.

Also do you have the latest Navdata installed as this contains the latest route updates.

Alan

rdale

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:57:54 PM »
I did install that, and I see a new navlog file in my data directory, but I'm seeing different routes on my screen versus RB24. I'm a new v4.03 user so may not be entirely clear on how everything works.

I've attached a file from just now, I'm seeing no network flights over my area (1500 total) and yet RB24 is showing dozens, including a boatload just around DTW.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
rdale,

The green ones on RB24 are provided by FAA ASDI data which isnt available to Radrabox, at least not in this version.  The yellow ones are provided by Radarbox feeders.  The ASDI data is 5 minutes delayed by the FAA for security reasons while the Radarbox ones are live.

Some airlines in the US, United for example use the same flight ID for different domestic routes dependent on the day of the week.  These same flight ID can be used on 2 or 3 routes, therefore I dont tend to add United domestic for this reason.  The Radarbox provided data comes from the same source so sould be the same in both RB and RB24. 

Also Radarbox can only show aircraft which are ADSB equipped while the FAA ASDI provided info is coming from their radar source and included non ADSB equipped aircraft.

Alan
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:26:25 PM by Runway 31 »

rdale

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »
Thanks, that makes sense... When you said the maps should look the same, I was confused.

DAL1765 shows as GOOV - KJFK on my RB, and KJFK-KSFO on RB24.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
I didnt think about the ASDI data.

Just checked the server and my Navdata both are showing DAL1765 as KJFK-KSFO.

Could you check your d/b explorer and make sure your aircraft total is 193,936 as the Navdata may not have installed to the correct location.

Alan

rdale

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
I have 80,774 in aircraft. I shut down and ran the installed again. It says the file is going into C:\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox

In that directory I see NavData.db3 with a file size of 49,855KB created on 3/5/2013 @ 1030pm.

rdale

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »
Ahh... the software is reading from C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\Data

I found another navlog there and replaced it and I think we're fine. Not sure what that's about...

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »
rdale, see further info on the Navdata thread for an explanation and installation advice.

Alan

dor4x

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Hi

We are all sharing our radarbox data to the community, so everyone can tracks flight (for free) on the web in real time.

Now that my real-time network subscription has ended, why should I keep sharing my data?
In my area, the coverage is low and many times data on the web is available only if my Radarbox is running.

Do you think it is fair to charge us (it is not cheap) for a subscription that is a free service for all?
We, the users, have the biggest part of the succeed of the great service of radarbox24.com.

Please tell me where I am wrong.
Thanks

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »
Many users ask the same question as you.

RadarBox24 is not the RadarBox Windows client software: they are totally different experiences. That why sales of our RadarBox hardware continue strong despite RB24 being available. In addition RB24 is still in beta and is not yet a non-beta releases product.

Note also that you are receiving, on your Windows client software, photos, aircraft and flight number data: these features require server and development time.

dor4x

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
Hi

Thanks for your quick reply!

I agree that with the windows client we have better experience. On the other hand, I think you should consider this new situation that has devolved in the last year.
Free live flight tracking is available. We, the radarbox hardware users, are the base for the radarbox24.com. In some way of thinking, we are partners.

I know that I speak only for myself and I am not representing other users, but I think you should consider a change in charging the real time network.

Thanks again for listening!