AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remember this?  (Read 21170 times)

Runway 31

Re: Remember this?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 11:41:24 AM »
Johnboy,

From my post yesterday

I have however received an email last night which advised that work is progressing and a further beta should be available in around a week and I hope this timescale is adhered too.

This will hopefully come to fruition on the timescale advised and if so will go into a testing period during which time it will be checked to ensure the fixes work as intended or not and if need be further amendments made with further testing as required.

I would suggest that timescale would be dependent on the fix applied, whether testing shows up any problems with it and whether further work is required from that.  How do you put a timescale to that but to me as long as the focus remains on the fix it should be completed in a reasonable timescale but only time will tell on that.

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »
Alan, you say that you received an email advising that work is progressing and a further beta should be available in around a week.  I'm guessing that since I've had no emails about beta testing since back in December, I'm no longer on the beta testing program - maybe Andre can confirm one way or the other?

Anyway, when you get a new beta, maybe you can continue with the testing log I've been working on since v4.04 development started:

1. New bug - crashes at startup - caused by ANSH code evidently.

2. On the situation when Radarbox cannot find any photo(s) for an aircraft.  Take for example the aircraft with Registration (AR) = “ZA405”.  In v4.03, it was easy to go and find a couple of photos, and save them as ZA405.jpg and ZA405,2.jpg.  The thumbnails would then automatically appear in Radarbox.  In v4.04, you also have to add the text “ZA405” into field PTTN, and “ZA405,2” into field PTTN2, and mark AUTOUPDATE = “N”.  It would be better if v4.04 used these thumbnails without having to update the database as well.  So, if PTTN is blank, use the thumbnail called ZA405, and if PTTN2 is blank, using thumbnail ZA405,2, if they exist.

3. Problem in MyLog.  For some aircraft, the Flight record contains multiple entries with the same details.  Here's an example with FOUR duplicate entries (EZY729D).

4. Aircraft thumbnails not displayed in MyLog grid window.

5. Hovering mouse over photo displays "Powered by airliners.net, this should read "planespotters.net".

6. CO field on NAVDATA aircraft table not being populated.  What is CO?  Is this needed?

7. Often lose labels on map.

Previous bugs - status:
001 - Tested OKAY.  Thumbnails correctly match photos on links at planespotters.net.
002 - Tested OKAY.  No "..." or other odd ICAO codes.
003 - Tested OKAY.  I haven't seen any problems with data assigned to wrong aircraft.
004 - Tested OKAY.  Two aircraft with same REG, display correct information.
005 - Tested OKAY.  ANZ1 displayed as EGLL to NZAA via KLAX.
006 - Tested OKAY.  6 days of testing, no flights going over more than one day except near midnight.
007 - Tested OKAY.  Aircraft going from network to local alerted on local.
008 - Cannot test – not located on the equator.
009 - Preference box can now be resized, but if you do, you lose the APPLY OKAY and CANCEL buttons.
010 - Tested OKAY.  Added a "é" into Company Name, and it displayed okay next to photo.
011 - Tested OKAY.  Sorting on DISTANCE in Network list now correct.
012 - Tested OKAY.  Range filter settings saved okay.
013 - Tested OKAY.  Not see any purple rain or aircraft out of position.
014 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
015 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
016 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
017 - Tested OKAY.  Not seen this happen.
018 - Cannot test, as I have admin rights.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:29:53 PM by tarbat »

Runway 31

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 02:56:51 PM »
Chris,

I am not privy to who is doing the beta testing.

I was advised regarding the beta as I have been having some discussions off line as I feel it some things are better said in private than in full public glare.  As Andre is otherwise engaged and will not be available for a few days, I asked if if would be OK to update the forum members on this hence my post.

Regarding the Equator bug as far as I am aware this one is working OK as one of the forum member who lives there was provided with a fix for it to test.  When he forgets to switch off sharing you can see his returns of RB24.

Alan

ACW367

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 02:09:06 AM »
ORKNEY said

Previous bugs - status:
001 - Tested OKAY.  Thumbnails correctly match photos on links at planespotters.net.
002 - Tested OKAY.  No "..." or other odd ICAO codes.
003 - Tested OKAY.  I haven't seen any problems with data assigned to wrong aircraft.
004 - Tested OKAY.  Two aircraft with same REG, display correct information.
005 - Tested OKAY.  ANZ1 displayed as EGLL to NZAA via KLAX.
006 - Tested OKAY.  6 days of testing, no flights going over more than one day except near midnight.
007 - Tested OKAY.  Aircraft going from network to local alerted on local.
008 - Cannot test – not located on the equator.
009 - Preference box can now be resized, but if you do, you lose the APPLY OKAY and CANCEL buttons.
010 - Tested OKAY.  Added a "é" into Company Name, and it displayed okay next to photo.
011 - Tested OKAY.  Sorting on DISTANCE in Network list now correct.
012 - Tested OKAY.  Range filter settings saved okay.
013 - Tested OKAY.  Not see any purple rain or aircraft out of position.
014 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
015 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
016 - Cannot test, as I've never seen this bug.
017 - Tested OKAY.  Not seen this happen.
018 - Cannot test, as I have admin rights.

Airnav you said 70% complete.  How can a patch be only 70% complete when you have so many test objectives signed off in beta and waiting releases in patches.  Why haven't you released said patches.  Why do we need a full 4.04.  On my phone and computer most all software companies release patches to the current version as small exe to fix minor bug problems as they are identified and solved.

If 12 of the 18 issues are fully solved through Beta testing WHY OH WHY have they not been released to us over the last six months/year/two years as:
Patch 4.03.1
Patch 4.03.2
Patch 4.03.3
Patch 4.03.4
Etc

Just about every other company does this.  In my google store for phone Apps I currently have 15 patches available for download, with the majority just to correct bugs without a full new version release. For the excellent complement to Airnav - Flightaware, I have just downloaded the next patch to the well running V3.2 - Patch 3.2.7 is advertised as having stability and performance improvements against the previous patch 3.2.6

Waiting for Airnav patch 4.03.1 soonest which gives us the 12 beta tested and signed off improvements. Hopefully 4.03.2 would then quickly follow with the remainder which are not yet sorted/signed off. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:25:27 AM by ACW367 »

ACW367

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 02:36:32 AM »
Airnav
Hope this page is of value to you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_(computing)

chewycanes

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 09:11:50 AM »
Hi Guys
I have been a member of the Airnav forum for a few years now. I recently stopped reading the forum because i saw the same responses from Airnav time after time. It will only take another server problem (even though they say its stable at present) or some other problem and the bug fixes will be delayed again.

I have cancelled my subscription to the network and will now turn of my sharing.

Hope things change but for now i have given up.

Brian

Runway 31

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 12:21:22 PM »
Tarbat,

I have sent a PM regarding 4.04

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »
Okay Alan.  PM replied, but I won't be testing at this time.

Runway 31

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
No problem Tarbat, have replied

Alan

sardus

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:29 PM »
I come back after 4 years of absence due to a permanent ban because i dared criticise the sharing problem. i see nothing has changed, airnav's attitude towards "beating" (as with a baseball bat) their customers is the same. i no longer turn on my rb except once in a while to see if anything has changed but alas things are the same as my last post 4 years ago. i can't sell it as i am too honest to do it,. maybe i'll give it to charity . i keep it in case my primary reciever stops working and will not share until things get an update.
that said i will get banned again but it is not a problem. i can access whenever i want to, albeit with a different name i do however save sceenshots, as i did four years ago
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:36:50 PM by sardus »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 10:36:33 PM »

sardus

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 10:38:34 PM »
prove me wrong in not believing you airnav and i will take back all criticism i made before. i have heard it all before , about 4 years ago.nothing has changed.