anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remember this?  (Read 21169 times)

bratters

Remember this?
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:02:50 PM »
AirNav Development
AirNav Systems

RadarBox Software Update
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:42:47 am »Fortunately ShipTrax is almost finished and as promised many times by our team we will soon be ready to start improving the RadarBox client application again.

Did I miss something during the last year and 4 months?

I'm getting older and the memory is not what it was.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Remember this?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:13 PM »
Hi John, and I thought it was just my mind and memory that had expected an update a little while back, and nothing's appeared.   I've given up hope, patience and waiting - all we get are platitudes and empty undelvered promises.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

CYYZGUY

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:00:47 PM »
I used to promote the product to family and friends...not anymore unfortunately.  I still enjoy the package and use it daily, however some enhancements/updates would be nice.  I am making sure to cancel my network subscription next time around as well.   It's all about the almighty dollar unfortunately.

Jason

2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Henning

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 02:15:22 AM »
I gave up waiting for bugfixes and a new version and have bought a SBS-3 in the meantime.
Don't use my radarbox anymore. I have never experienced such a bad support with any other product I bought.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »
I gave up as well.  No longer running Radarbox or ShipTrax.

bratters

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:06 AM »
Quote Tarbat "I gave up as well.  No longer running Radarbox or ShipTrax."

I am so sorry to hear that Chris.

You were the epitome of a Hero Member.  So many of us owe you thanks for your tolerant and patient guidance when helping us surmount our initial (and subsequent in my case!) difficulties and problems - not to mention your dignity in rising above the (unjustified) flak too often aimed in your direction.

You were a credit  to the company, for whatever that turned out be worth, and you remain a credit to the hobby.

I guess all good things come to an end and "the most trusted name in flight tracking" is trusted no more.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »
Seconded!
Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

knight01

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:28:22 AM »
I've also given up and don't recommend the product to anyone I know or in the online communities. Few years ago I used to tell everyone.
I know some people who really wanted to by the product after seeing mine. I've told them don't waste £400+, use free flight trackers available online, which are being updated with bug fixes regularly. They have seen the forum posts both here and other online forums and will not be buying.  They are looking at cheaper alternatives if they decide to buy their own hardware in the future.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 01:53:09 PM »
Thanks for your feedback. You are free to have your own opinions.

RadarBox 4.04 is 70% finished but we had to suspend work because of the server problems we had in Dec/Jan. Fortunately everything is stable with the server now and we plan to continue to work again on this now.

Regarding free online trackers vs RadarBox Hardware: free online flight trackers and hardware based ADS-B receivers have different markets. That's why RadarBox24.com has been a huge success with 8000 accounts created in just 2 months and RadarBox hardware continue strong (and increased due to RB24 exposure), especially RadarBox 3D.

Unfortunately it is difficult to satisfy all the customers at the same time - professional companies, airport, airlines, hardware users and online based users. Unlike other companies that are only on one market we have several solutions.

Rest assured that we are doing our best to try to satisfy all customers and as usual release new solutions that would make everyone happy.

prbflight

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 04:07:35 PM »
I am one of the original RadarBox owners having bought mine in the summer of 2007 for nothing less then $1,000 Canadian.  I've been patient and waited and waited and continue to wait for promised updates.  I have fed the network 24/7 for 99% of this time.

It is indeed a dark a gloomy day if we lose you Tarbat.

You were my hope that something was going to change with RadarBox but I fully understand why you are leaving.

What next?  Do we lose Rod?

Do we lose the updating team?

I can't thank all of you enough for what you have brought to Radarbox over the years.   

Is this the start of the final exodus? 

AirNav take notice before it's too late.

Paul@cyyb

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »
Very disappointed to see my post about where your priorities should lie has been deleted.  Trying to silence honest criticism and advice about priorities seems counter-productive to me.   Just because I mentioned one word - a dark day in my books :(

So, I'll repeat the "headline".  There is one group of customers who have paid a lot of money, and provide, for free, the data that makes all the other services you sell to other customers possible.  That's where your priorities should lie.

--- ...- . .-. / .- -. -.. / --- ..- -

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »
What would be the result of every one not sending their feed?
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »
Tarbat you've been informed 2 times by private email why your post was deleted and it was not because of posting your opinion.

We are aware of the delays in V4.03 and how important it is to keep customers. We had a server crash in December which was caused V4.04 development to be delayed for two months. You are the most important beta tester for V4.04 and we count on you to continue being so. As you know most of the work is done at this time.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »
very sory to see you go Tarbat, and at the same, it says a lot 'bout howe we can see the future of Radarbox : very dark !
years of promisses 'bout updates, who are eternaly "almost there"
i still love to use my RB, but one thing is for shure ; if my box would stop working now, i shure would by a other brand, i'm not gonna wait 10 more years to finaly RB Mk2 comes, ore just a software update.
if even people like Tarbat leave the ship, i know how i have to make conclusions.

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 08:01:46 PM »
I fully agree with Tarbat. The AirNav benefits of our information and in return we have very little in return. Even upgrading from a version that comes bug cover version in use.
Not wanting to incite anyone to do this, but I believe the AirNav vai really prioritize a new vesão when she realized that users stopped using RB or who stopped to share their data.
I have AirNav products for many years and like them very much, but I am very concerned about the posture adopted recently on this subject.
As a result we have seen is a flurry of other products that people are using to share data with other sites.
Sorry sincerity, but it is what I think and I have seen.