anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radar-Rama External Antenna for RadarBox  (Read 2580 times)

gonz33

Radar-Rama External Antenna for RadarBox
« on: February 16, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »
Greetings, someone could tell me that this is this antenna( Radar-Rama External Antenna 5dBi gain for RadarBox) think fit it on the edge of the window of my apartment, since I can not mount it on the roof, thank you.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Radar-Rama External Antenna for RadarBox
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:57 PM »
Hi Gonz, don't pay too much attention to the claims of 5dB over the so called 'i'sotropic antenna as it doesn't really mean very much, you could well be better off with the SSE 1090 antenna or a RadarExtender.  Almost any tuned antenna will give several dB gain over the theoretical isotropic!   Some will swear by one type and someone else by another.   Most of these proprietary antennas are very much of a muchness, sorry if that's not much help!!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

gonz33

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
Thanks for your help dude, I bought the Radar antenna Scannermaster.com branch must reach me within 10 days, now I'm somewhat sorry buy I thought loved buying something very good....

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »
Hi Gonz, which one have you gone for - the Radar Rama?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

gonz33

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
I bought this antenna, but I have not yet installed it, by some comments, I think that it is not as good as they say, what you think your this antenna?

Kenny

Radar-Rama External Antenna for RadarBox
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »
Hi,

Got this antenna, put it 10m on the roof with 15m of RG-8 without amplifier.  Got max 170-180nm range.

Kenny
ANRB 3km north of VTBD