anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: numbers of aircraft displayed  (Read 4270 times)

defcon333

numbers of aircraft displayed
« on: February 02, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
hi all,
i have -so it seems to me - atricky problem to report: i discontinued using my anrb thee months ago and started to use it again last monday. nothing in my overall setup (antenna etc) was changed. program booted and screen (home as before) appeared but despite the fact that those leds kept flashing as they did before only two or three ac appeared on the screen where formerly more than 60 acs appeared at a time. and especially in the evening when all those air berlin flights return to EDDN which i had on the screen til touchdown formerly these days i have only 2 or three to the max.
i hope that you understand my problem. any help would highly be appreciated.
regards

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: numbers of aircraft displayed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »
It's really quiet at the moment around the London area due to the weather and the airport closures!

Check the centre pin of the antenna plug and make sure it hasn't been pushed back into the plug.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »
Not just London area.  I've got just one aircraft on the map in Scotland at the moment, and that's just about to land at EGPE.  Then nothing :(

jgrloit

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »
While checking the centre pin of the co-axial cable also check the braid, as I had similar problems until I fixed that problem.
It seems that the extra heatshrink insulation does NOT fully protect the outer.

I need to locate a source for the aerial connector and replace it to really fix the problem and then let me use the setup mobile again.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »
Maplin sell the plug in the UK - but it's a pig to fit!  Having trashed one plug (you need to solder the co-ax centre to the centre pin then push it through the body of the plug) I've given up on that for the moment.  Fat fingers and eyesight that is closer to that of a mole than an eagle!

Maybe there is an easier way of putting a new plug on!

Fenris

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
Maplin sell the plug in the UK - but it's a pig to fit!  Having trashed one plug (you need to solder the co-ax centre to the centre pin then push it through the body of the plug) I've given up on that for the moment.  Fat fingers and eyesight that is closer to that of a mole than an eagle!

Maybe there is an easier way of putting a new plug on!

There is, but you end up paying for a crimp tool to do it.