anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Position report confirmation  (Read 4215 times)

rubbish

Position report confirmation
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:57:24 AM »
Hi,
I`m new to this, and would be grateful if someone could confirm something for me. I`m in North Norfolk, not known for having too much airline traffic overhead. However after say 20 minutes, my log had this morning 15 aircraft listed, of which 4 were giving position info. and appeared on my screen. Am I right in thinking that the other 11 a/c were not kitted out to transmit position info, and that is the reason that I can`t see them on my screen? I`m just concerned that it may be something to do with my set up here. Many thanks in advance, Stuart.

rubbish

Position confirmation
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:10:29 AM »
Sorry..re. my question, i meant my flights, not my log. Stuart.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Position report confirmation
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:53:10 PM »
In your part of the country you get more Military aircraft and for obvious reasons they do not transmit position details. They will appear in the aircraft list and they should show an altitude/Flight level.  If you have blue skies it is possible to tie up aircraft in the list with overflights. Say you have one C5 Galaxy listed and you see one by eye-balling there is a fair chance it is the one you have seen. There are web-sites that actually spend time tracking these military flights and it is possible to tie up a fair number of them. 

Mike

steveb25

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:06:18 PM »
I am surprised that you are not getting more overhead flights from were you are. I live just north of you over the wash and get a stream on american, dutch and germany aircraft all eastbound in the early morning and westbound around lunch time.
Have you looked at the height of your aerial, the more height the better and you should find that the range to the west vastly increases and allows you to see traffic going up the centre of the country

tracker123

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 06:46:13 PM »
Hello,

I am new.  I am currently trying to correlate radar track data with ADS-B track data (taking into account the 5 minute delay).  Since my radar tracks utilize a different display overlay provided by another supplier, I wonder if radarbox data will work seamlessly with this other application or will a plug-in have to be created?

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »
Hello,

I am new.  I am currently trying to correlate radar track data with ADS-B track data (taking into account the 5 minute delay).  Since my radar tracks utilize a different display overlay provided by another supplier, I wonder if radarbox data will work seamlessly with this other application or will a plug-in have to be created?

Your local traffic ( Mylog) and the associated traffic on the map, is showing current data without any delay. It is only network traffic that has the five minutes delay.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »
Hello,

I think that you might have to explain in a little more detail what you are trying to do :-)

If your other supplier is the competing ADS-B receiver, you are allowed to mention that here - you won't get your post deleted like on the other forum :-0

Of course, there isn't really a serious competitor to RadarBox anyway - lol

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
If you are looking for the actual Live data then please contact support or out sales team direct and we can get your requirements and try to match them :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]