AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Non ADS-B Showing Registration  (Read 3316 times)

prbflight

Non ADS-B Showing Registration
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:54:26 PM »
Why do some non ADS-B aircraft show up with registration numbers on PlaneFinder but not RadarBox24.com?  For example I just tracked ACA194 fly over my house.  On PlaneFinder it shows the registration C-FDSU which is correct as per my RadarBox and yet RadarBox24.com does not report the registration.  C-FDSU is not ADS-B equipped.  How are some non-ADS-B aircraft identified on PlaneFinder?  Will RadarBox24.com have this capability in the final release?

Paul@cyyb

Runway 31

Re: Non ADS-B Showing Registration
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:23:13 PM »
I would imagine a possible explanation is that the Planefinder network is being fed by a box user while the Radarbox24 network is relying on ASDI data which often doesnt include hex/registration details.

On RB24 JAL6 has just flown over North Bay but it isnt showing on the network but is showing on RB24 as ASDI data with no registration showing so it looks like unless we get a radarbox user willing to share data to the network in your area we may not get that info on RB24 until aircraft come into RB network coverage..

Alan
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:34:02 PM by Runway 31 »

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:29:18 PM »
To prove my point, JAL 6 has now come on the network being fed by an RB user further south and is now showing full details on RB24.

Alan

prbflight

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:51:48 AM »
Thanks for your reply Alan.

JAL6 is ADS-B equipped and would show up on the network and RadarBox24 once captured by a box.  Last night ACA194 was C-FDSU which is mode-s and was captured on my RadarBox but of course this does not get fed to the network.  I live in North Bay and I feed the network 24/7.  I do not get a whole lot of ADS-B aircraft but I do get many mode-s hits.  I captured JAL6 today at 08:18:24 local time so I'm not sure why it did not feed into the network.  There has to be some way that PlaneFinder is identifying some of these mode-s hits and I don't think it's because a user has captured it with a box.  Could it have something to do with PlanePlotter feeding the PlaneFinder network?

Paul@cyyb

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 09:08:20 AM »
Paul,

Plane plotter needs a box to feed it, without the aircraft being captured by a box, Planeplotter doesnt know it is there either.

I have also just noted UPS56 en-route KLX-PHNL showing on RB24 as N583UP wihile Planefinder gives it as NO-REG.  Just behind it is UPS32 and neither give the registration and both flights are ASDI.

Closer to home for you I just watched the JBU635 flying over North Bay with registration showing as N779JB while Planefinder has NO-REG, both ASDI. RB network down at the time.  Also Planefinder showing JBU415 getting a box feedm registration N768JB but RB ASDI didnt have any registration details. 

I have however put the question to 3D Dev and await his reply as I am interested in this as well.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:50:08 PM by Runway 31 »