anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to link your Airnav radar to your RadarBox24.com  (Read 18330 times)

Im at Brize Norton

How to link your Airnav radar to your RadarBox24.com
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
This is how i was told to do it by Dallen at Airnav systems!
To link your Airnav radar to RadarBox24.com
What you'll need to do is the following:

1. Create a free account at RadarBox24.com (with a valid email)
2. Log into RB24 with this new account
3. Click on "Options" in the left menu
4. Click on "Account" sub menu
5. Under the "RadarBox Receiver Account" section, enter your Username & Password that is printed on your RadarBox installation CD ROM. This will be something like PGANRBxxxxxx (where the x's are numbers).
6. With the correct username/password entered, clicked "Link RadarBox" button.

Ivor

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: How to link your Airnav radar to your RadarBox24.com
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
OK - I've done that too.

Wonder what wonderment being a Premium Feeder (or whatever it said) will bring!

Apparently I'm not feeding any flights, but there are lots of other users close to me.

Rod
Rod

prbflight

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
OK I'm on-board as a premium feeder now. 

Paul@cyyb

Im at Brize Norton

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
This is the reply i got from Dallen when i asked him to check if i had set up my account correct.Also note possible new features to come for Feeders.

Hi Ivor,

It looks like you have it setup perfectly. I see on the server that your RadarBox is providing data to the network. At the moment, it looks like 4-5 of the active RadarBox24 flights should be credited to you. The reason that only a small number of the flights you are tracking count towards your RadarBox24 unit is that there are other users with RadarBox's near your location and they are picking up the same flights as you are and also providing to the network server. The server uses a algorithm to decide which RadarBox to use as if there are multiple units providing data for the same flight. If you watch that number on the accounts tab, it should update every 10 seconds or so and you may see it change (up and down).

I am working on more detailed documentation how this all works plus I will have some nice chart plots that will show your individual contributions to the network. I am also working on a custom profile for "premium_feeders" like you so you can show a little banner when someone clicks on a flight you are providing data for (optionally if you'd like to of course). These features are all coming soon.

If you have any suggestions for how we can make the site better, please email me any time.

Cheers,

Dallan

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »
linked also now, but RB24 seems to be very unstanle now ; flights feeded from my box ( and on screen ) go from 0 to 25 up and down in a blink, while on my "regular" RB screen, feeded by my box on my other pc, traffic stays regular.
gues this has to do with the server problems lately

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 09:10:30 PM »
All, the 'RadarBox Account Link" features are not yet complete. I'm updating the JavaScript code regularly so things may change daily/hourly. There is still some significant back-end code that I need to complete and test. The 'number of flights' counter in the 'Account' tab may not be accurate yet so please disregard that for now. Please be patient while I get this part finished. I may need to hide the 'Account' tab and run these features through the beta test group first. I will keep you posted as I make more progress on these features.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:35:44 AM »
To go back to an old request of mine, could at least Premium Feeders not have the RadarBox ad in the bottom right corner? By definition we've already got one!

Rod
Rod

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 06:29:49 AM »
Hi Rod,

Yes, we will add the option to hide that icon for the users that link their RadarBox to their RB24 account. I should have this option online in the next few days. It will show up in the 'options' tab only for those specific users.

jetset

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 01:07:17 AM »
Is there any other benefit to sharing radarbox feeds?
Steve

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »
Is there any other benefit to sharing radarbox feeds?

jetset,

We are working on many new features that I cannot mention the details yet (I don't have the authority to release that info). But if you have any ideas for features you would like to see as a RadarBox owner, please let us know (either here in the forum or send me an email directly to [email protected]) and we'll do our best to get them included.

jetset

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »
I'd like to have free real time access to the network on my box in return for sharing my data.
That's fair isn't it?
Steve

Siddy

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »
I echo Jetset

I'd like to have free real time access to the network on my box in return for sharing my data.
That's fair isn't it?

Siddy
Hi Im Siddy from Leeds, West Yorkshire, Uk

Siddy

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »
Wildcard - Could a prog be build to run the radarbox to supply to network via a RaspberryPi pc.
Cost little to run, could locate it better and use a wifi card to connect. Easy to take out with you.

I don't have a pc/laptop running all the time so supply data and could use radarbox 24 to view.

Hi Im Siddy from Leeds, West Yorkshire, Uk

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 08:45:33 PM »
"I'd like to have free real time access to the network on my box in return for sharing my data."

Who should get the free real time access to the network in a region when there are multiple boxes feeding the same data ?

Everyone ?
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

Im at Brize Norton

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:12 AM »
I echo Jetset & Siddy

That's fair isn't it?