anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Connection problem with Radarbox  (Read 3508 times)

Col

Connection problem with Radarbox
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »
Hi

I suspect that I will have to send the box away for repair but before I do I thought that I would just check that I am not missing anything obvious.

I took my RB away with me and used it on my laptop with success but since I got home and re-connected it to my desktop PC I am picking up no transmissions at all. The light is green showing that it is connected and I live just below the approach to 09L at Heathrow so there is no shortage of activity outside.

I have replaced the USB lead with a new one but still nothing. Nothing has changed in the setup of the PC so it is unlikely to be anything to do with that so can anyone suggest something else for me to look into before I send it away (again!)

Cheers

Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire

Runway 31

Re: Connection problem with Radarbox
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
Have you tried it with the laptop since you got back, if its OK with it it must be something to do with your PC set up

Alan

Col

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:21:51 PM »
Thanks Alan - I should have said that I have tried the laptop with the same result! It did take a day or so for me to think of trying that though!!

Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
Sounds like a repair is need

Alan

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »
Hi Colin, you've probably already checked this, but check and re-check the antenna connector and the RB socket.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Col

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »
Thanks for the advice - I have actually now sent it off to Waters & Stanton so hope that they can figure it out quickly. Feel lost without the RB though :-)

Cheers

Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire