AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EGCN : Doncaster Sheffield airport - why isn't it on the map?  (Read 12171 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: EGCN : Doncaster Sheffield airport - why isn't it on the map?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 07:54:37 AM »
Wayne,

Using Jordan's Outline Maker, it is very easy to draw outlines (actually just single lines) for the runways, just as you describe for EGCC.  The runways must show on Google Earth for you to be able to trace over them to produce the out file.

The extended centrelines are a bit more difficult, especially if you want the range marks on the line.  Again, it can be done with Jordan's Outline Maker, but it will be tricky getting the ranges correct.

It is also possible to label the airport, but again, you will have to create the individual letters using Jordan's page - not bad if you are only doing one airfield, but a bit of a pain if you are doing many.

Have you tried drawing an outline, or centrelines - an average 2 runway airport in high detail takes about 10 minutes - give it a go, it's not difficult.

Allocator

Wayne

Re: EGCN : Doncaster Sheffield airport - why isn't it on the map?
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 11:07:39 AM »
Hi Allocator

Thanks for the info. I think it's the word 'outlines' which is confusing me here as I interpret outlines as a complete layout of the airfield (as I have already installed from the .out file supplied on this site) and overlooked the fact that I could just draw a single line. Sure, will give that a try.

Thanks
Wayne