anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So We Pay For The Air Nav At A High Price And Then This Gets Released!  (Read 26045 times)

Aerotower

Re: So We Pay For The Air Nav At A High Price And Then This Gets Released!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 10:44:16 PM »
I do not understand why I have to pay to have a service that is available to everyone with just one click.

My sharing of flight, received by my box is officially off.

landyman

• IC-706, UBC3500XLT, ANRB.
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
"RadarBox24.com has been released in beta mode (meaning we are still improving it)."

Software for the hardware I bought, still needs improving, so I guess that it's also beta!

I join the other posters about having to pay to be able to upload data, for the company to give my data away.

OK, I can tick the box every time I start the program, like the other boxes, that revert to default on closing.

This is annoying and needs to be improved, just like the many other annoying and unfinished features in the RB software.

D-ALPA

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
Sorry for my bad english, i hope all understand it.

I bought a more expensive box because I enjoy it. but now I see how my data are commercially processed here on. in my box software I must content myself ugly airplane pictures. in the project from radarbox24, great aircraft are preview images. great preview window and and and.
Conclusion, I let my box also made ​​first!

We should not turn on all the box for a week, let's see if it is still a great air traffic at radarbox24.

Customers who prefer the support of a lot of money to buy boxes!!

SHAME SHAME SHAME AIRNAV !

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 02:02:15 PM »
As explained RB24 is open to the public without any cost, or without having a RB subscription in the BETA test phase.

This is NOT a permament solution, so those complaining in there posts need to understand this first. We are listening to suggestions from RB customers who are key in feeding RB24 to how it can be used after the beta period.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

landyman

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »
As explained RB24 is open to the public without any cost, or without having a RB subscription in the BETA test phase.

This is NOT a permament solution, so those complaining in there (SIC) posts need to understand this first. We are listening to suggestions from RB customers who are key in feeding RB24 to how it can be used after the beta period.

So get existing RB customers to provide free data while you charge them in the opposite direction.

So get existing RB customers to help you develop and debug RB24, while ignoring their requests to update the partly developed RB software that they have already paid for.

Then when RB24 is out of beta, charge users.

Here is a suggestion.  Get RB software improved and use an RB as a 'dongle' in it's original meaning for use with RB24.

If you are too young to remember the original dongle supplied with some software running on CBM PETs; it was used to verify the user as a paid user, and without the dongle the software would not run.

djnixy

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 06:33:54 PM »
Great at least some users understand why I started this post!

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
Where has it been stated that RB users will be charged to use RB24, some scaremongering me thinks.  Myself and others are very happy to assist with debugging to ensure we get something which is appropriate to us

I would already suggest that the process is in place to ensure only appropriate users can access RB24 when the decision is made, similar to network access.

It makes sense to allow potential users to see and get a flavour of the software and see if it is what they may like to use and may even assist them in the decision to become Radarbox users in the future.

Alan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:45:46 PM by Runway 31 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 07:59:43 PM »
Exactly as Runway 31 has said we have never said we are charging anyone yet for RB24.com, in fact we have announced nothing for the pricing or who will be able to have access or not. This is simply a beta release and we have released it to the public for everyone to use for a temporary period.

Regarding RadarBox the beta version for that is being tested and development is being done by another team.
[email protected]

landyman

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 09:16:08 PM »
Where has it been stated that RB users will be charged to use RB24, some scaremongering me thinks.
Alan

It was stated here:-

[Quote from: AirNav Support on Today at 15:02:15]

This is NOT a permament solution

[/quote]

So in beta no cost, but it's NOT a permanent solution.

The only alternative to no cost is some cost.  Simple.

Confirmed by :-

"we have never said we are charging anyone yet"

The important word being 'yet'.  The rest of that posting further confirms cost.

So you get to like the free to use version and then charges are added later.   Then you pay or can't continue to use.  It would have been more honest to have announced at the start that while in beta it will remain free, but as soon as we take it out of beta, costs will be involved.

I'm of the old school that has any version less than 1.00 as beta or below and that as soon as 1.00 is available, it's as bug free and capable as a quality product should be.  These days bug ridden software is accepted as the norm.

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 10:02:13 PM »
Might be simpler to wait and find out what is going to happen.

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
We have mentioned in reply 6 and 10 that nothing has been decided yet and we are looking for feedback from customers.  I know certain users will grab anything from our posts to make it look one way or another but the simple fact is this:

- Its remaining free and with access to everyone during the beta period after which we will decide whether there is cost associated or not and whether its limited or not to certain customers/users.

We welcome any constructive comments and feedback about the above.
[email protected]

chris kelham

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
As a subscriber to 5 minute delayed network traffic I can sort of see all sides to this thread -

I seem to be paying money to access delayed data while non subscribers are getting live data for free - however see that this may not always be the case re- possible fututre charges.   

I am finding it hard to see the business model though - FR24  has people willing to share their data for free be it radar box or SBS and they are not charging for this service.

They generally seem to show more flights than RB24 - assuming kind hearted SBS users are providing extra data i.e shanghai -

Users turning off their data stream might stop RB24 but I doubt it - enough enthusiasts want to spread their hobby and will do so fo for free.

I aslo undertsand that having a "radarbox" and RB24 are different products - I can sit at Heathrow with my box in the car without having to stream expensive data on my mobile phone - and also the mobile phone can tell me what is coming in, beyond my radars reach when out and about.

However as a compromise solution perhaps people paying for network delayed data such as myself  should get live network traffic through RB if they are providing the data for RB24. Could we also get the American data from RB24 put into RB network enabling us to really up the amount of traffic shown?

One other point - the numbers on network traffic never seem quite as high as the stats show - why? I also seem to remeber peak figures being higher than they are of late. Are unhappy people turning off their network traffic re RB development upset threads or am I mistaken?

I like RB as a product - think RB24 has features that improve on FR24 - but as they got there first and have people providing data free - am not sure that you are going to keep all people happy re "I paid and you are giving my data away free."   If you alienate the people providing the data and it drops as a result - FR24 offers the better option if you want to track more aircraft without paying subscription - Good luck in keeping everyone happy!

Perhaps the business model needs to be an active push to PAY  places to have boxes - such as hotels with 24 hour computer access and charge people for a real world wide coverage - fill in Africa etc - instead of tryng to find people to have the free 50 boxes ( I think you have given more away than the thread title). What about finding out the air enthusiats using SBS who give data to FR24 and giving them a box - catch up with flight coverage quite quickly! They might ditch the SBS once they see the superior interface anyway!

I have my data share left on but I wont be paying for RB24 if that ends up being the case - becasue I can use the competitors basic version for free
Chris K

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:04:20 PM by chris kelham »

John Racars

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 11:15:55 AM »
Hi Support,

I would like to say that I am, as you know, a Radarbox user from almost the beginning. During all these years until today I am a satisfied user and experience a lot of fun with the Radarbox!

I see Radarbox24 as a welcome addition for our hobby.

As far as I am concerned no doubt possible: I keep my data just share with you.

Much success in further by developing and keep up the good work!

Kind Regards, John
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Netcop

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »
Fully support all John's statements.

I've been a RadarBox user for more than three years, and during the past two I've been providing 24/7 translations from Moscow FIR. I have subscription to live network and intend to continue this subscription and feeding network with my data.

As for RB24,  my strong opinion – this resource must be free for all users, not only for RB family guys, after Beta period. Тhis powerful instrument will increase our network coverage due to the increase of RB's customer base. We've been a very close community for a long time, now it’s time to change this which will benefit to our all of us.

Regards,
Nick
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
We are following this thread with great interest as it is really important for us to be aware of what users are thinking about all these solutions and any possible commercial decisions we will make.
Thanks for sharing all your opinions and we will always be aware of them when taking decisions.
For now what matters is that technically RB24 is a complete success with the absolute majority of users sending us reports that it is a much better solution when compared to other existing flight tracking sites. We will continue to work hard to further improve RB24 and all other AirNav Systems products.