anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So We Pay For The Air Nav At A High Price And Then This Gets Released!  (Read 26046 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: So We Pay For The Air Nav At A High Price And Then This Gets Released!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
And, very important, please help us by sharing the existence of RadarBox24.com with all your aviation community friends: on facebook, twitter, forums, message boards and emails. RadarBox24.com has to be the hub for online flight tracking - and will - after you know what we are preparing for 2013.

Aerotower

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »

I like RB as a product - think RB24 has features that improve on FR24 - but as they got there first and have people providing data free - am not sure that you are going to keep all people happy re "I paid and you are giving my data away free."   If you alienate the people providing the data and it drops as a result - FR24 offers the better option if you want to track more aircraft without paying subscription - Good luck in keeping everyone happy!

Chris K

Clapping

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
All,

I just want to jump in and remind everyone that, while we are testing RB24, it's freely available with all features to everyone so we can get a broad range of feedback from all users. After we get enough feedback and test the infrastructure (such as testing & tuning server performance, server reliability, etc), we will move to next phase of deployment. All RadarBox owners will be considered premium users and have access to all features/options. The guest/free account will still be available, but it will be more limited that it is now (how much more limited is still being determined--please provide feedback on this too if you have any).

If you, as RadarBox owners, have any special feature requests that only RadarBox owners will have access to, please let us know so we can develop these features for you. We have some exciting features in the pipeline for RadarBox owners, but we haven't yet fully completed them. Obviously we just cannot make everyone happy, but our RadarBox customers are number one priority and we want to provide you with all of  the features we can.

k1xv

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 02:04:52 PM »
When something becomes available, even if only temporarily, the last people to pay are always ticked off.    Its human nature.   Don't get discouraged, AirNav team.   Maybe they will become happier when you charge for it.

chris kelham

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
Re - your request for how to cut back the coverage for non RB customers - If you want to encourage further RB24 use, to encourage further network expansion, you will need to offer more for free than your competitiors do... otherwise why use RB24? Don't cut back too far or it will just become an-online version of the RB network - a lot of effort to give only current RB users the network on the move.

Many people will want RB24 on the move so will be purchasing the APP anyway. Free downlaod for data contributors/ charge for those that don't ? ( if FR24 numbers can be believed their must be plenty of non data people ouy there willing to buy an APP)

Perhaps non data sharers could access the premium fetaures for a fee, that would be refundable against a box... therefore encouraging network expansion

I don't see it as my data making profits for RB - as long as we get network expansion - love to have a box in Nairobi, Cairo, Lagos

Just some thoughts...

Relieved by Dev comments on free access to all features for RB owners

Chris K

trev

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 08:13:48 PM »
I agree, all RB subscribers like myself should have full access to RB24 when it is up and running. In fact we should have full access now as after a short period RB24 times out. As full paying subscribers it should not time out.

Thanks

Trev

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »
Trev - just register on the site and it won't time out.

Rod
Rod

trev

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »
Cheers Rod,

Can i log on using the same password as the forum? or do i have to register with new password?

Thanks in advance

Trev

Runway 31

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
Its up to you what you use to register.

Alan